Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Et508 add-lfw-ewr?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2022, 10:30 am
lmk
Original Poster

Location: RSW & HDS (Naples, Florida & Hoedspruit, South Africa); frequently flying via JNB, EWR, IAD, ORD
Programs: UA Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Silver, AA
Et508 add-lfw-ewr?

We are using UA award miles to get from JNB-ADD and then ADD-EWR in business class next week. Unfortunately this was the only routing available, and the leg from ADD-EWR includes a stop at LFW airport in Lome, Togo. Does anyone know how Ethiopian handles these stops? Supposedly it does not involve a change of planes but just a 1-hr+ stop for refueling, and I assume some passengers deboard/onboard. We previously flew on the old South African Airways flights between JFK-JNB that included stops in Accra or Dakar, and they used to make all onward passengers remain onboard during the stop and take all of their luggage out of the overhead bins and hold it so that the aircraft could be searched for weapons and cleaned. Is that similar to how these stops work on Ethiopian?
Old Jun 30, 2022, 7:41 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
I've done the ADD-LFW part of this flight and I've done ET flights that have involved a stop before. It's a stop to let pax on and off and refuel. You will not be able to get off the plane if you are continuing on. You may be asked to identify your carry-ons to make sure none were left on-board from the previous leg from deplaned passengers.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by lmk
Is that similar to how these stops work on Ethiopian?
Pretty much, except they tend to be a lot more laid back than SAA was (plus, the stop is at 11am local time rather than 2am so passengers tend to be more awake and cooperative). It's pretty painless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.