Gulf Air A319 Neo ?

Old Jun 9, 2022, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Gulf Air A319 Neo ?

I just got my tickets and it shows Paris - Bahrain segments being flown by an Airbus 319 Neo. Did not know that Gulf Air had that in their fleet? Do they? Wonder what business class is like on them?
Old Jun 9, 2022, 2:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 35K
GF18? I believe it is an A321neo flying this route. I flew GF19 (BAH-CDG) and it was an A321neo with their new business class. Lie flat 2-2 configuration. I was in 2A but the bulkhead seemed to have a larger footwell.
Braniff likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by frenchkiki
GF18? I believe it is an A321neo flying this route. I flew GF19 (BAH-CDG) and it was an A321neo with their new business class. Lie flat 2-2 configuration. I was in 2A but the bulkhead seemed to have a larger footwell.
frenchkiki - curious as to your experience in flying lie-flat business class on a narrow body, and the overall level of service in Gulf Air. I have never flown them before.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 9:34 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 35K
Originally Posted by Braniff
frenchkiki - curious as to your experience in flying lie-flat business class on a narrow body, and the overall level of service in Gulf Air. I have never flown them before.
My flight had an early morning departure (1:35am). They offered pre-departure beverages: champagne, orange juice, and some kind of mint lemonade. They also offered hot or cold towels, Arabic coffee, and dates. They had a snack service after take-off (both times I flew this route I went straight to bed but I remember seeing a croque monsieur on the menu), and a breakfast service before landing in Paris. I had the continental breakfast the first time which was frankly not good, and the second time the omelette which was ok. The pastries however were on point and the crew was generous with them.

The aircraft has the usual drawbacks of narrow bodies: everyone boarded from the first door so boarding was kind of a mess, and there is only one lavatory for the forward cabin.

The seat was good enough for me to get a few hours of sleep, but the footwell is a bit small (in 2A then in 2D). It looked bigger in the bulkhead seats. They provided a rather sparse amenity kit, but at least they offered slippers and pyjamas (the photo is from the 787 but the kit is the same).

Braniff likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Braniff
I just got my tickets and it shows Paris - Bahrain segments being flown by an Airbus 319 Neo. Did not know that Gulf Air had that in their fleet? Do they? Wonder what business class is like on them?
hi how was your experience in the A319 business class. I have this same flight.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JHK10
hi how was your experience in the A319 business class. I have this same flight.
The flight is at the end of the month. I will report back! It is in fact an A321 neo.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

DUPLICATE

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.