Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buying Air Arabia - KAT tkts with USA based cc

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2022, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Buying Air Arabia - KAT tkts with USA based cc

How can I buy air Arabia tkts before I arrive in Abu Dhabi with USA based cc?
they won’t accept USA cc over their own website or by phone i was told by call agent
and if I use a travel agent which one is best?

can’t seem to purchase the extra baggage at booking if I use the travel agencies I’ve tried so far.
nwflyer82 likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
follow up....

Originally Posted by frank_10b
How can I buy air Arabia tkts before I arrive in Abu Dhabi with USA based cc?
they won’t accept USA cc over their own website or by phone i was told by call agent
and if I use a travel agent which one is best?

can’t seem to purchase the extra baggage at booking if I use the travel agencies I’ve tried so far.

USA CC will not process esp chase and some others... on website

cant buy at airport in AUD not even at the ticket counter bc outsourced airport company will not do business with air arabia

cant buy from call center bc its a usa cc, also does not accept amex

can buy from an exchange shop with your air arabia reservations number like Al Ansari exchange but only if you have been registered or have a local profile with that exchange shop. if you use a UAE number the shop might request that the person with the profile appears with you to do the transaction. call center does not know of the issue that exchange shops present to passengers.

online but unpaid reservations will be put on hold for under 2 hours and the website will send an email with a link to purchase, the purchase link expires but that might have been my phone having a problem clicking the link a day later.
the call center can put reservations on hold for 24 hours but if the flight is close to the departure time like 1 or 2 days in advance or flight filling up it will only be for 12 hours.

seems like a nice airline but difficult to purchase tickets

often call center phone push button prompts will not work with google voice or skype so you have to hang up and keep calling till you can press 2 for english.

Last edited by frank_10b; May 16, 2022 at 5:12 am
Old Jun 29, 2022, 2:17 pm

USA CC will not process esp chase and some others... on website

cant buy at airport in AUD not even at the ticket counter bc outsourced airport company will not do business with air arabia

cant buy from call center bc its a usa cc, also does not accept amex

can buy from an exchange shop with your air arabia reservations number like Al Ansari exchange but only if you have been registered or have a local profile with that exchange shop. if you use a UAE number the shop might request that the person with the profile appears with you to do the transaction. call center does not know of the issue that exchange shops present to passengers.

online but unpaid reservations will be put on hold for under 2 hours and the website will send an email with a link to purchase, the purchase link expires but that might have been my phone having a problem clicking the link a day later.
the call center can put reservations on hold for 24 hours but if the flight is close to the departure time like 1 or 2 days in advance or flight filling up it will only be for 12 hours.

seems like a nice airline but difficult to purchase tickets

often call center phone push button prompts will not work with google voice or skype so you have to hang up and keep calling till you can press 2 for english.
Did you have any luck with this? I am currently in the same situation.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

maybe a local SIM but even that is unlikely if you can then register with exchange shop.
best bet is to get someone with a local cc to put it on their card and then pay them back.

this happens to locals too who do not have cc or are not registered with these exchange shops. even travel agents would not or could not do the transaction.
they pay ppl to put it on someone else's credit card.
get a letter from the person who pays for the tkt giving you permission to use their card just in case. Local imported workers are questioned sometimes at the airport, i was not. good luck its a nice airline if you can buy a ticket.

Originally Posted by ebcr
Did you have any luck with this? I am currently in the same situation.
if y
Old Jun 29, 2022, 4:58 pm

maybe a local SIM but even that is unlikely if you can then register with exchange shop.
best bet is to get someone with a local cc to put it on their card and then pay them back.

this happens to locals too who do not have cc or are not registered with these exchange shops. even travel agents would not or could not do the transaction.
they pay ppl to put it on someone else's credit card.
get a letter from the person who pays for the tkt giving you permission to use their card just in case. Local imported workers are questioned sometimes at the airport, i was not. good luck its a nice airline if you can buy a ticket.
Thank you. I appreciate the response!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.