Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PCR test for Egypt

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2021, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

PCR test for Egypt

Hi there, traveling to Cairo on Egypt Air next month. The requirements state if vaccinated you are good to go but the vaccine card should have a QR code which we don’t have in Minnesota. Then it states needs a PCR test from an accredited or approved lab with the stamp of the lab or QR code on it. I have tried for hours now to see what constitutes an approved lab and what do they mean by “stamp” as tests we have gotten at Walgreens, my local health clinic and Vault do not have QR code’s. Are they appropriate since they list the name of the lab on them, but no does that qualify as a stamp?
First international trip in a while - this used to be so easy I just don’t want to mess up something like this and not be able to go just because I can’t get a QR code.
has anyone traveled recently to Egypt and knows what they need? Thank you!
Old Aug 1, 2021, 5:05 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
In practice - what they want is to be able to log onto a site to check the validity of a test.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 2:25 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by xiphoid76
Hi there, traveling to Cairo on Egypt Air next month. The requirements state if vaccinated you are good to go but the vaccine card should have a QR code which we don’t have in Minnesota. Then it states needs a PCR test from an accredited or approved lab with the stamp of the lab or QR code on it. I have tried for hours now to see what constitutes an approved lab and what do they mean by “stamp” as tests we have gotten at Walgreens, my local health clinic and Vault do not have QR code’s. Are they appropriate since they list the name of the lab on them, but no does that qualify as a stamp?
First international trip in a while - this used to be so easy I just don’t want to mess up something like this and not be able to go just because I can’t get a QR code.
Hi

a stamp is like a seal , like the US president seal on letters

check the egyptian + egyptair requirements and ensure you will comply

those two are most important1. the RT-PCR certificate must be an original paper certificate (Copy is not allowed). and must have a stamp from laboratory

2. PCR test stamped (original hard copy with original stamp without any scraps or amendments) or PCR test with QR code is accepted either soft copy or printed , the photo provided QR code is readable and with the same below PCR conditions.
If you cant find it in minnesota , please check somewhere else to avoid possible boarding denial

Read this post on loyaltylobby, as a warning = https://loyaltylobby.com/2021/07/13/...d-in-istanbul/
Old Aug 2, 2021, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fifty_two
Hi

a stamp is like a seal , like the US president seal on letters

check the egyptian + egyptair requirements and ensure you will comply

those two are most important1. the RT-PCR certificate must be an original paper certificate (Copy is not allowed). and must have a stamp from laboratory

2. PCR test stamped (original hard copy with original stamp without any scraps or amendments) or PCR test with QR code is accepted either soft copy or printed , the photo provided QR code is readable and with the same below PCR conditions.
If you cant find it in minnesota , please check somewhere else to avoid possible boarding denial

Read this post on loyaltylobby, as a warning = https://loyaltylobby.com/2021/07/13/...d-in-istanbul/
thank you. This makes me nervous, no idea what to do. All the testing done is 24-48 hours before hand and then they email you the results. No place will do a test and then print off a copy of the results for you that I know of. Would that be an official copy of I just printed off the results? I am still unclear what they mean by a “stamp” - who has a stamp of a lab? I have had tests at Walgreens, my medical center and vault and they don’t have stamps or QR codes so have no idea of how to get to Cairo. This is all so frustrating.
we will just bring the testing we have and hope for the best.
I love traveling and these requirements just make me so sad.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 11:56 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
I am still unclear what they mean by a “stamp” -
Something to authentify that the lab generated that document , it is usually done with ink or it can be done in pdf documents , like e signature

who has a stamp of a lab?.
Somes labs are doing so in other countries
Old Aug 4, 2021, 5:35 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Company ink stamps are not a thing in the US. They are a big deal elsewhere. A document is often considered to not have legal validity without an ink stamp.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 9:17 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
I am not sure of this will help or not. Earlier this year I did a similar search for test results for entering South Africa. There was an "on again, off again" requirement for the certificate to contain the signature of the health care professional permening/attesting to the results.

I finally settled on using the doctor's clinic that had the contract with the Chicago Department of Aviation (CDA) to run the test centers at both ORD and MDW. Their test result documents were multiple pages long and had a doctor's summary letter (signed by the doctor). The results contained the lab CLIA certification for each location and was very impressive and official look They promised results in 24-48 hours and we had our results in 27 hours.ing. We had no issues whatsoever in our travels to South Africa.

For a later trip, I found a closer and less expensive option run by a doctor run urgent care center with their own lab (on premises) that produced similar results including a fairly fast (< 6 hour) PCR test results. This included a very short consultation with a physician. The results were similar to the testing run at ORD.

I have talked to other folks here on FT and it appears that the urgent care option seems to be propagating throughout the US. You might find something like it near you in Minnesota.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 10:36 am

Programs: Lots
I was supposed to go to Cairo a month ago. Never made it due to a misconnection but based on the conversation at this link I wasn’t too concerned about the stamp issue. Sounds like they aren’t expecting it for US results. Had no problem getting BPs issued by DL in the US but didn’t make it to my actual Cairo flight so can’t say for sure that it would have worked.

https://www.booking.com/communities/...try-into-egypt
Old Aug 11, 2021, 9:25 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Not sure if you have traveled yet but I checked with Wandertest at MSP and they can send results with a "stamp" to meet requirements for places that want a stamp. They are also working on a QR for the tests but that hasn't been implemented yet (as of a couple of weeks ago)

UPDATE: Received a call from Wandertest at MSP that they can now include a QR code (and stamp actually) on the PCR test. They added this to meet Egyptian entry requirements

Last edited by aj411; Sep 4, 2021 at 1:24 pm
Old Nov 8, 2021, 7:31 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Thanks for the info. I wonder if DTW or ATL has this facility with QR test results available.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 6:34 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by skchin
Thanks for the info. I wonder if DTW or ATL has this facility with QR test results available.
We just returned from Egypt. The wandertest results with QR code we got at MSP, were back in about 45 minutes (RT-PCR test but rapid results). Worked fine
We had a QR code. No one at airlines or immigration in Egypt read the code (though others we met did have agents at both scan their code).
We flew with Qatar over but our initial flight in US was AA. Qatar did check our tests before we boarded our flight in Chicago but a cursory glance. AA agent was more thorough reading through the requirements on the screen and checking what we provided.
Frankly I think they were just all grateful we had our paperwork gathered and in order. Sounded like they get a lot of people who are missing things or generally a mess

We had friends from Atlanta area who found a lab that would stamp the results (the alternative to a QR code). They said they had to drive a ways to find it though.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 7:07 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SW Companion
It's probably too late for the OP, but hopefully this helps others.

The best way to get in is to do a PCR test in the States. The vaccine card did not seem like it would have been sufficient, nor would any form of CLEAR or other QR codes, though YMMV.

The bigger note is that a QR code is not required. Just a stamp. And the definition of a stamp is basically just the logo of the testing center on the test. We took the free tests from the state of Minnesota (Vault health). It had no QR code. It was completely sufficient the entire way.

The checks in the US or on your layover will likely be more thorough than Egypt, but in every case, this was sufficient with absolutely no problems.

Don't get hung up on the QR code, any official PCR test will work. Vaccine cards will not. And the COVID verification process is far less scary than you'll build it up in your head.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.