Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance Award Availabily on Ethiopian Airlines in J

Star Alliance Award Availabily on Ethiopian Airlines in J

Old May 5, 2024, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521
Hi,
Quick update to the Ethiopian phantom space issue. Award Nexus seems to be accurate with their results! I was just able to book our African safari trip using the results from award nexus. Before transferring my Amex points to Aeroplan, I called in and had an agent confirm that all space was actually available. She knew exactly the phantom space issue that I was running into and knew how far to go in the process to verify that they were actually available and not phantom. Then, I hung up, transferred the points, and booked online to save the phone booking fee. Everything has been ticketed, so it should be all set!

Ps: we did end up moving the trip to early March 2025 because there were just more options available that fit our schedule.

cheltzel thanks for the tip on Award Nexus!
You are most welcome. I am a retired software engineer and I met the author of Award Nexus at a FT do several years ago, here in Chicago. We had a fairly detailed discussion on awards and how to search. He is very knowledgeable in how to search as well as being savvy in keeping his web tool highly functional.

I hope you enjoy your safari!
SkinsFan0521 likes this.
Old May 17, 2024, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by uhclem
I had a similar situation booking ET from ATL-ADD-LUN. Only 1 seat showed in my search. As soon as I booked that single J seat, another opened up on the same flight/day. Booked it for my spouse and we're on separate PNRs.
If i may ask which miles did you use to book? I'm in a similar situation looking to book DXB-ADD-JNB using SQ miles, hoping once i book the single J seat, another shows up for my partner *fingers crossed
Old May 17, 2024, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by Can0nind
If i may ask which miles did you use to book? I'm in a similar situation looking to book DXB-ADD-JNB using SQ miles, hoping once i book the single J seat, another shows up for my partner *fingers crossed
The book 1 seat and 2nd seat opens up worked using both United and Aeroplan miles (both of which offer free cancel in case 2nd seat didnt open up)
Old May 27, 2024, 1:13 am

I was looking at an award CPT-FRA for December yesterday, went to book it now and it was gone (no phantom space issue). Based on experiences, are there any chances ET will open up more award space for beginning-mid December or shall I look for alternatives?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.