Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines
Reload this Page >

ET overnight in ADD. Can I cancel my hotel booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2021, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

I am Star Gold on a UA issued award ticket issued on 016 stock.
My KGL-ADD flight arrives at 9:05pm.
My ADD-ZNZ flight deaprts at 10:30am.
I booked an award night at the Hyatt Regency for the night in ADD.
Someone mentioned that I'll get a voucher for a room during my overnight in ADD.
Is that really accurate on an award ticket issued by another carrier?
They told me that it will probably be the new ET operated hotel but I won't know until day of travel.
I don't want to cancel my Hyatt booking unless the experts here tell me this is really accurate.
Travel is August.
Thanks.
Old May 31, 2021, 3:12 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
The operating carrier is what matters. If both flights are ET, you should get your voucher.

FWIW - If I was booking myself, I'd get the Skylight, not the Hyatt, as it's closer to the airport.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 1:03 am

Business Class passengers are always at the Skylight. Economy pax are usually at Skylight nowadays, but depends on availability. If not, the quality drop off to anywhere else that ET uses is significant.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. I'll cancel my award booking at the Hyatt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.