Wiki Posts
Search

Egyptair complaint

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2021, 10:28 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Egyptair complaint

On my way back to JFK from cairo airport flight MS 985,on Thursday March,the 11th,2021,by getting to the boarding desk the rude agent acted like he was searching my luggage,he threw my stuff out of the bag in a very stupid way when i asked why he was treating me in that manner his supervisor took my passport and threatened me by saying"get out of here u r not flying" and kept following me until the gate to the plane
all that happened in the presence of the shift manger! finally i made it to jfk (new York airport).
I have contacted "Egyptair" explaining the whole story,but no response so far!
I fly Egyptair for 25 years now( not because i like it,its just the only direct flight to cairo from jfk)
I can tell you,its the worst service u could ever get either on the plane,customer care, when u even make the reservation, down grading ur membership card for no reason,or even the way they treat their customers in jfk! Taking the advantages that passengers who need to fly from cai to jfk and vise versa have to use their service as its the only direct flight!!
as a customer i pay too much money to Egyptair (the most expensive airline tks out there,and i get the [worst] service.
Finally is that okay with STAR AlLIANCE,or you guys have to look at the airline company since its one of your members!!
ElJudioErrante likes this.

Last edited by l etoile; Mar 27, 2021 at 12:16 pm Reason: language
Old Mar 27, 2021, 11:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
MS (EgyptAir) is certainly not the cream of the crop of Star Alliance, but isn't security at the gate in CAI, or is that only for domestic? I haven't flown out of CAI for about 4 years now and was always on ET or TK internationally, only MS domestically.

If security is at the gate, then it sounds like the person mishandling your belongings was actually security staff, not MS staff. Is that right? Those security staff are either Egyptian Military, Police, or Contractors (really can't remember which at CAI now).

If that's true then the complaint is not to MS at all, it's CAI Security, those guys could be working any flight tough, not specific to MS or any Star Alliance carrier even. If my memory is incorrect, and it was actually MS staff, then apologies, just can't think of any reason that airline staff would have been going through your luggage in the gate area.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 11:55 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Yep - security at CAI T3 is at the gate. IMHO nothing to do with MS.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 12:14 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
The moderators have had to remove a number of posts which breached FT rules. As this is becoming a pattern, we are closing this thread to prevent any further issues.

NWIFlyer
Senior Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.