Ethiopian Airlines Carry on Luggage

Old Apr 17, 2021, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA Gold
As of today, April 17, I see nothing o the EY web site with language about no carry ons due to covid. Perhaps they have rescinded this policy.

BTW, my flights are now in June and the outbound has been changed to flying from ORD instead of IAD. Since I have only 1 hour to connect at ADD to the WDH flight I would prefer to carryon the bags and not rely o them being transferred and not making it onto the plane to WDH.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 8:25 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
I flew ADD-LFW recently - the flights continues to EWR - no carry-on restrictions.

The other dozen flights I've flown over the past few months - also no issues with carry-ons.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 8:47 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Palal
I flew ADD-LFW recently - the flights continues to EWR - no carry-on restrictions.

The other dozen flights I've flown over the past few months - also no issues with carry-ons.
Thank you for the real time up to date information. As I have only a one hour connection in ADD I will be carrying on.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 9:06 am

An hour is more than sufficient to connect in ADD.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 9:22 am

not going to chance it.

Originally Posted by Palal
An hour is more than sufficient to connect in ADD.
May be, if the flight from ORD is on time. I have had very bad luck on international flights leaving Chicago on time, especially in the summer when there are storms. My ORD-ADD flight is June 11. ADD-WDH only goes once a day and I doubt they would hold the flight if ORD-ADD is late coming in. I am not going to chance it. We are in business class so there should be plenty of room for roll aboard bags. Last time I flew international out of Chicago, to Japan, my luggage wasn't even loaded on to the flight to NRT. It took 2 days to get my suitcase to me, I had to have it shipped to Nagasaki as I was not staying in Tokyo.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 12:22 pm

How are people faring with carry-on weight checking? Flying business out of ORD with one roller bag and backpack. Both full of camera gear, computer/tablets and lithium batteries.

Thank you
Old Apr 30, 2024, 8:35 pm

In biz - unlikely to be a problem. Raise a fuss if there's an issue
btscott likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2024, 7:48 am

Are they still enforcing it? I have a couple of legs in business and a couple in economy
Old Jun 9, 2024, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kodalip
Are they still enforcing it? I have a couple of legs in business and a couple in economy
Sometimes. The rule remains a maximum of 7kg per piece.
Old Jun 9, 2024, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by B747-437B
Sometimes. The rule remains a maximum of 7kg per piece.
is the personal item weighed separately ?
Old Jun 10, 2024, 2:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kodalip
is the personal item weighed separately ?
Sometimes. If it looks too big, more likely.

I almost never have them weigh my laptop backpack if I am carrying it already on my shoulders. If it is on the ground, they sometimes do.
MsEllie likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.