Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will RJ accept COVID antigen test ?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2020, 2:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: OW Emerald(RJ), SA Gold(Turkish Elite)
Will RJ accept COVID antigen test ?

Hi,

Im traveling tomorrow and just realized i have an antigen test and not a PCR test. will i be denied boarding?

i am leaving out of Frankfurt if that matters.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 9:09 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by zbeebo
Hi,

Im traveling tomorrow and just realized i have an antigen test and not a PCR test. will i be denied boarding?

The type of test required should be determined by the entry requirements for your destination. Most require a RT-PCR test and do not accept other types of tests. What is your destination?

If you look at RJ's web page on COVID-19, all of the tests mentioned are PCR tests.

Travel Updates - Royal Jordanian (rj.com)

If I were flying, I would do my best to have a RT-PCR test if at all possible, unless your destination country accepts other types of tests on entry. And I would have a hard copy of that documentation with me to argue my case on check in.
zbeebo likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 9:39 am

Hi,

Go now to the PCR testing centre at FRA located just before the long distance train station. There are lots of signs directing you to there.
zbeebo and cheltzel like this.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OW Emerald(RJ), SA Gold(Turkish Elite)
Will go get PCR test first thing tomorrow morning...
Old Dec 20, 2020, 3:52 pm

Will go get PCR test first thing tomorrow morning...
The last time I took test there... "results in 24hrs"...it took 26 hrs.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
I do not know if this place is reliable or not as I have never used it. But it advertises PCR test results in 6 hours or less at/near FRA. From the prices, you obviously are paying a premium for the speed.

https://www.centogene.com/covid-19/t...t-airport.html
Old Dec 23, 2020, 11:37 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
The last time I took test there... "results in 24hrs"...it took 26 hrs.
In theory a test can be done in 2-4 hours although I read that India is doing one in about 15 minutes. Given there needs to be a swab, a technician to transfer the material, the conversion of DNA to RNA via 30-60 cycles, the interpretation of the results, the print out or email, I would think 6 hours would be a fast turn around.

Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.