Search

New C class for Israir

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2020, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
New C class for Israir

https://www.ynet.co.il/vacation/flig...11mDP#autoplay
Can't find this in English. I wonder why european airlines don't have proper C seats.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 11:51 am

It sounds like the only reason 6H have them is to be able to compete in government bids and they might not even be used on normal flights.
The reason for European airlines (for the most part) is fairly simple, by not having proper C seats they have much better flexibility in moving the curtain to accommodate more/less J pax as needed and maximize revenue.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 1:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by Ditto
The reason for European airlines (for the most part) is fairly simple, by not having proper C seats they have much better flexibility in moving the curtain to accommodate more/less J pax as needed and maximize revenue.
And the North American airlines don't understand that?
Old Oct 18, 2020, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by Houminer
And the North American airlines don't understand that?
NA airlines works on a very different model, one notable example is all the "upgrade lists" the have where they will upgrade their elites based on available J seats irrespective of Y load whereas EU airlines will only do OPUPs when Y is overbooked
Old Oct 18, 2020, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Originally Posted by Ditto
It sounds like the only reason 6H have them is to be able to compete in government bids and they might not even be used on normal flights.
I was going to say - what business traveler flies Israir? Isn't the company's entire business model leisure travel?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.