Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines
Reload this Page >

Do I have lounge access in Toronto with Ethiopian flight in J

Old Jun 28, 2020, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold

I will be flying in J on ET 552 ADD-YYZ. I fly on from there on in Y on AC 7937 YYZ-MCI. I have a 6 1/2 hour layover in Toronto.

Does Ethiopian Have an arrangement with AC or another airline for a lounge to use as an arrivals lounge for their business class pax?
Old Jun 28, 2020, 2:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, ShebaMiles, SkyMiles
For departures only, Ethiopian J passengers can access the Maple Leaf Lounge when departing YYZ (but it is not for arrivals). Given that your departure to the USA is in economy class, I don't believe you would be given access to the Maple Leaf Lounge in the Transborder (USA) departures area, unless you have *G status or other entrance qualifying status.
https://www.aircanada.com/us/en/aco/...f-lounges.html

I don't recall there being an arrivals lounge at YYZ (I'm usually connecting, so can't say I've ever noticed one).

There is however a Plaza Premium lounge that is usually available for walk-ins in the Transborder departures area.
https://www.plazapremiumlounge.com/e...der-terminal-1

Quite possibly a better response could be given on the Air Canada / Aeroplan board.

Edit: Should also note that in the case this is all on one ticket, you will actually go directly to US per-clearance in Toronto and directly into the transborder departures area, by-passing Canadian customs and the normal arrivals area. So really your options would be limited to what is in the transborder area of T1.

Last edited by b_magee; Jun 28, 2020 at 3:09 pm
Old Jul 1, 2020, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold
It looks like the only lounge available to me would be the T1 Plaza Premium Lounge available through Priority Pass. if I am reading the web site correctly, I can get a day pass for $32 each without actually joining Priority Pass.

After sitting on the same ET plane for over 16 hours I am going to need something to do during the layover, not just sit in the general area of an airport. Will need a shower for sure.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.