Sneaking out at LVI

Old May 22, 20, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Senator, AF Silver, BA Bronze
Sneaking out at LVI

Dear all, do you have any experience with getting off at LVI on the NBO-CPT flight? Do you need to show your boarding pass to be allowed off at LVI or can you just get off no questions asked? I am looking for a cheap CDG-Livingstone one-way and the fare to Cape Town is much cheaper than the fare to Livingstone, hence I am considering buying a ticket to CPT and just get off at LVI, with no hold bags of course. Thanks, ps
Old May 22, 20, 6:50 am

I haven’t flown this sector from NBO to CPT but certainly in the opposite direction the crew checked passenger boarding passes on disembarking at LVI. Those not disembarking remain on the aircraft for the short stop. One new passengers board at LVI the crew come through and do another count and check everyone’s boarding passes again.

Also remember that baggage would be checked all way to CPT and there wouldn’t be any way to collect it at LVI.
Old May 22, 20, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Black, and assorted others
I doubt this strategy will work. They can't force you to fly I suppose, but they could just charge your card ex post.
Old May 23, 20, 6:57 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
I confirm that Onestep's answer is 100% correct.
Have you checked fares to VFA?
Old May 23, 20, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Former UA 1K
There's also Kasane (BBK) in Botswana that is right in the vicinity too. I don't know how flights are being handled at the moment with the collapse of SA, but I got a pretty good deal out of these a few years back, was better than from VFA or LVI by a fair margin.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: