FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-middle-eastern-african-airlines-471/)
-   -   Sneaking out at LVI (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-middle-eastern-african-airlines/2018204-sneaking-out-lvi.html)

planestupid May 22, 2020 5:27 am

Sneaking out at LVI

Dear all, do you have any experience with getting off at LVI on the NBO-CPT flight? Do you need to show your boarding pass to be allowed off at LVI or can you just get off no questions asked? I am looking for a cheap CDG-Livingstone one-way and the fare to Cape Town is much cheaper than the fare to Livingstone, hence I am considering buying a ticket to CPT and just get off at LVI, with no hold bags of course. Thanks, ps

Onestep May 22, 2020 6:50 am

I haven’t flown this sector from NBO to CPT but certainly in the opposite direction the crew checked passenger boarding passes on disembarking at LVI. Those not disembarking remain on the aircraft for the short stop. One new passengers board at LVI the crew come through and do another count and check everyone’s boarding passes again.

Also remember that baggage would be checked all way to CPT and there wouldn’t be any way to collect it at LVI.

LondonElite May 22, 2020 6:58 am

I doubt this strategy will work. They can't force you to fly I suppose, but they could just charge your card ex post.

flying_blue_white_red May 23, 2020 6:57 am

I confirm that Onestep's answer is 100% correct.
Have you checked fares to VFA?

dvs7310 May 23, 2020 9:38 pm

There's also Kasane (BBK) in Botswana that is right in the vicinity too. I don't know how flights are being handled at the moment with the collapse of SA, but I got a pretty good deal out of these a few years back, was better than from VFA or LVI by a fair margin.

Mauibaby2008 Jun 11, 2020 6:22 pm

Just do it, they can’t keep you on the plane. Just say you need to go for a short walk and don’t return.

Palal Jun 12, 2020 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008 (Post 32449439)
Just do it, they can’t keep you on the plane. Just say you need to go for a short walk and don’t return.

You'll go for a short walk straight to the police station, or worse?

B747-437B Jun 14, 2020 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008 (Post 32449439)

Great advice. I've found that this attitude works especially well at small African airports. Can you let us know where you have done this in the past so we can add those data points?

diamantaire Jun 20, 2020 7:54 am

I wouldn't recommend it, But you can try it & let us know how it goes ?