FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-middle-eastern-african-airlines-471/)
-   -   trouble reserving seats on ET flights (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-middle-eastern-african-airlines/2016615-trouble-reserving-seats-et-flights.html)

susiesan Apr 27, 2020 10:56 am

trouble reserving seats on ET flights

I am having trouble reserving seats on ET flights in September. I was able to get it done for the return flights WDH-ADD-ORD all in business class. I can't get the seat reservations to take on the outbound flights ORD-ADD-WDH. The tickets are on 2 separate PNR. The ET web site is all messed up.

Should I bother trying to call? Is anyone even there now at the phone centers? Is ET currently operating any flights to/from the US or are operations suspended?

Maclock Apr 27, 2020 10:41 pm

Will send you a PM.

susiesan May 6, 2020 12:24 pm

I emailed ET over a week ago and have received no response. This will likely be a moot point as I highly doubt ET will be flying in and out of the US by September. I will likely be postponing my flights to Namibia to spring of 2021.

B747-437B May 7, 2020 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by susiesan (Post 32353776)
I highly doubt ET will be flying in and out of the US by September

ET has not stopped flying to the US throughout the current pandemic. They are operating daily to Washington, as well as less frequently to Newark via Lome. They are also continuing to fly to Toronto.

susiesan May 7, 2020 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by B747-437B (Post 32356827)
ET has not stopped flying to the US throughout the current pandemic. They are operating daily to Washington, as well as less frequently to Newark via Lome. They are also continuing to fly to Toronto.

Interesting. My flights are to/from ORD. ET may be going from IAD to ADD, but my final destination is WDH and I know they are not flying there now.
Getting only as far as Addis won't help me on a Namibia vacation trip. Plus, if I was to change to the Washington flight, I need to be able to get there on UA from Kansas City. Even with the regular schedules in place the timing of the UA flights to connect to the ET flights out of IAD doesn't work out which is why I am using the Chicago flights.

sealsgod May 9, 2020 1:05 am

which country you are in? try to avoid english call center, that are locate in addis with a poor customer service

sealsgod May 9, 2020 1:12 am

Originally Posted by B747-437B (Post 32356827)

they have stop actually, no record for for departure to US on last friday

B747-437B May 9, 2020 4:17 am

Originally Posted by sealsgod (Post 32360552)
they have stop actually, no record for for departure to US on last friday

You are incorrect.

Alpha Golf May 9, 2020 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by B747-437B (Post 32360790)
You are incorrect.

Thet're no longer flying Dulles daily, but they are flying. 501 flew last Thursday.

susiesan Jun 2, 2020 9:56 am

how do I check ET service to/from ORD?

Originally Posted by Alpha Golf (Post 32361741)
Thet're no longer flying Dulles daily, but they are flying. 501 flew last Thursday.

How can I find out when ET will resume service to/from ORD? My flights in September, award tix from UA, are showing as ticketed on both the UA and ET web sites, but I don't know if they have actually been cancelled or not and are still showing online. If they are cancelled I want to switch to flights via IAD now if those are the only ET flights coming and going to the US. Of course, since my final destination is WDH, I still don't know if I will be allowed into Namibia by September 13, the first day of my safari tour.

irishguy28 Jun 3, 2020 12:43 am

Originally Posted by susiesan (Post 32423225)
How can I find out when ET will resume service to/from ORD? My flights in September

Nobody can answer that question. These are not normal times and there is no deadline by which the airline will decide and announce a definitive verdict on whether your flight will operate as planned or not.

Keep an eye out for cancellation notices, but bear in mind that it may not become clear whether your flight will operate or not until 2-4 weeks before the date of planned travel, unless the airline already determines in advance of then to announce route suspensions or cancellations in view of the ongoing turmoil.