Air Mauritius Refund

Old Mar 26, 20, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Air Mauritius Refund

Hi,

We had an Air Mauritius ticket from Delhi to Mauritius. It has now been cancelled. How can I arrange for a refund (not a voucher)?

Thanks
Old Mar 28, 20, 11:40 am

Programs: BAEC, Accor
Originally Posted by pred02 View Post
Hi,

We had an Air Mauritius ticket from Delhi to Mauritius. It has now been cancelled. How can I arrange for a refund (not a voucher)?

Thanks
You best bet is to quote their conditions of carriage which is the basis of the contract you have with the airline. The contract in most jurisdictions cannot be changed unless both parties agree. You do not have to accept a voucher if your flight has been cancelled although they will probably want to convince you otherwise in current circumstances.

If they refuse to refund as per the contract you can try to do a chargeback on the card you paid with if that is an option, or get your insurance company to deal with it.

https://www.airmauritius.com/conditi...rriage/refunds

10.2 Involuntary Refunds

10.2.1 If we cancel a flight, fail to operate a flight reasonably according to schedule, fail to stop at your destination or Stopover, or cause you to miss a connecting flight on which you hold a confirmed reservation, fail to carry you because a banning is in force against you, the amount of the refund shall be:

10.2.1.1 If no portion of the Ticket has been used, an amount equal to the fare paid and any taxes, fees and charges you have paid.
Old Apr 2, 20, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Thanks. I called them and they said they are just offering a voucher. I disputed with Amex so will see what they say.

Last edited by pred02; Apr 2, 20 at 2:11 pm
Old Apr 4, 20, 3:36 am

Air Mauritius ticket from Delhi to Mauritius

Hello

Kindly send an email to [email protected]
requesting cancellations & voucher for future travel.

Regards
Youvraj Seeam
Old Apr 13, 20, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yseeam View Post
Hello

Kindly send an email to [email protected]
requesting cancellations & voucher for future travel.

Regards
Youvraj Seeam
I have requested but I want a refund not a credit voucher as I will not be able to travel in the future to the Mauritius. Air Mauritius is claiming force majeure, I understand the financial burden to the airlines are going under but they should not pass this to the customers.

I am taking this up with my credit card. What other recourse do I have?

I cannot travel anymore to Mauritius therefore the credit has no value for me.

Last edited by pred02; Apr 13, 20 at 5:47 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: