FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-middle-eastern-african-airlines-471/)
-   -   Oman air involuntary schedule change (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-middle-eastern-african-airlines/1997288-oman-air-involuntary-schedule-change.html)

eshroom Nov 28, 2019 4:41 am

Oman air involuntary schedule change

My brother and his family are flying BKK-MCT-ATH. 737-Max business has seen a service reduction MCT-ATH resulting in a schedule change of 24 hours outbound and 44 hours inbound.

They cannot get us any closer to the original booking on WY metal.

Bro has spoken to them on the phone to request either a re-routing on QR or EK metal or a refund and has been refused both. He filled in forms and sent emails on 25th October asking for refund as per their terms. No response received. In total 4 emails have been sent over the past 5 weeks, including one to the CEO.

The original travel date is December 14th and flight prices for rebooking have also risen and continue to rise as this date rapidly approaches.

Does anyone have any idea on what else we can try to get Oman air to either rebook on one of their inter-airline partners or process a refund?

BobFF68 Nov 28, 2019 8:32 pm

Try to contact another sales office in your country instead of the global call center, maybe they will offer a better solution, while I hardly see they will reschedule with another airline they should at least give you a refund. You have all my sympathy, unfortunately Oman Air can be awful in managing such kind of situations. Despite I love their J product and onboard service, the quality of their customer service respond in case problems arise is the main reason I decided not flying them anymore.

eshroom Nov 29, 2019 3:46 am

Originally Posted by BobFF68 (Post 31786607)
Try to contact another sales office in your country instead of the global call center, maybe they will offer a better solution, while I hardly see they will reschedule with another airline they should at least give you a refund. You have all my sympathy, unfortunately Oman Air can be awful in managing such kind of situations. Despite I love their J product and onboard service, the quality of their customer service respond in case problems arise is the main reason I decided not flying them anymore.

Thanks, so far tried the UK office, ATH office and BKK office. All said I was entitled to a refund (which the call center did not), but all were unable to action one, all had to be done online. So I'm left in a predicament. Do I rebook in the hope a refund will eventually be given, or wait and take the terrible new flights for fear of losing the money we spent.

BobFF68 Nov 29, 2019 11:11 am

Originally Posted by eshroom (Post 31787157)
Thanks, so far tried the UK office, ATH office and BKK office. All said I was entitled to a refund (which the call center did not), but all were unable to action one, all had to be done online. So I'm left in a predicament. Do I rebook in the hope a refund will eventually be given, or wait and take the terrible new flights for fear of losing the money we spent.

When I processed the refund of my ticket I went through "manage my booking" on the website and everything run smoothly and money were refund on my credit card in no time, but my situation was different as it was a voluntary refund.
You probably shouldn't go on the same way otherwise the system may follow the ticket rules and if non refundable you will lose the money. I guess you have to use the refund form to process "manually" the refund: https://www.omanair.com/id/en/manage...gs/refund-form
and explain in the comments that you have right for full refund due to involuntary schedule change.
Then it is your decision whether still book with them or not. It is just my suggestion off course as I didn't have the same problem. I hope you can get your money back, good luck.

eshroom Dec 2, 2019 6:29 am

Originally Posted by BobFF68 (Post 31788055)
When I processed the refund of my ticket I went through "manage my booking" on the website and everything run smoothly and money were refund on my credit card in no time, but my situation was different as it was a voluntary refund.
You probably shouldn't go on the same way otherwise the system may follow the ticket rules and if non refundable you will lose the money. I guess you have to use the refund form to process "manually" the refund: https://www.omanair.com/id/en/manage...gs/refund-form
and explain in the comments that you have right for full refund due to involuntary schedule change.
Then it is your decision whether still book with them or not. It is just my suggestion off course as I didn't have the same problem. I hope you can get your money back, good luck.

Thanks, that's the form CS staff also pointed me to. We finally got a response, they are only willing to refund $100 of the $1,200. Seems I have run out of people to contact.

BobFF68 Dec 2, 2019 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by eshroom (Post 31795607)
Thanks, that's the form CS staff also pointed me to. We finally got a response, they are only willing to refund $100 of the $1,200. Seems I have run out of people to contact.

Sorry to hear that. This is what I hate about them, unreliable customer service and IT, even more since their discounted tickets became non refundable (before you could cancel R fares with 150 USD fee) for me WY is a no no, as even a schedule change is practically impossible.

By the way no chance for your brother's family to extend their holidays? Probably will be much cheaper than losing 1100 USD per ticket.

Johnnieboy Dec 3, 2019 5:45 am

I have had numerous bookings changed this year and despite them all being involuntary, and the support of the Sindbad team, WY's own T&C's and Omani consumer law, WY have refused a full refund every time, let alone any compensation.

I have stopped flying with them now as a result (and because they are currently too unreliable to plan with), and have told them why.

We all appreciate the difficulties the ongoing 737 Max issues are causing, but to screw the customer on schedule changes and then play hardball on refunds (despite the substantial compensation WY will no doubt be getting from Boeing) is not acceptable.

With the extended schedule changes the OP is quoting, once you have hit the wall with WY, and if you don't fancy Omani courts, I would suggest contacting your credit card company (assuming you booked with one) and let them fight it out.

Andrew_G Dec 3, 2019 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy (Post 31799306)
I have stopped flying with them now as a result (and because they are currently too unreliable to plan with), and have told them why.

We might also consider sending them copies (suitably redacted of course) of subsequent bookings that we make with other airlines instead of WY, repeating the reason why the business has not gone to them.

pogonation Dec 4, 2019 8:29 am

Sounds like a nightmare scenario. This is so black and white that a refund is due. Now that you have made contact so many times I would just place a chargeback request with your credit card company and if the details you give above are correct there should be 0% chance of you not getting a refund. If you paid by debit card then unfortunately you are still in this ridiculous situation.

lehovec Dec 18, 2019 10:19 am

Just to add my experience. Initially booked CMN-MCT-CGK-SIN, CMN-MCT rescheduled for night before, leaving us with 14 hrs stop in MCT. Accepted it as it was no big issue (Aerotel in MCT is lovely).

Few months later received text message saying that our flight was cancelled.

Called awful call centre to be told, no, your booking is fine, no changes. Agent did mention 13 hrs stopover which I said is fine.

The next morning I received e-mail “schedule change”, now leaving 3 days later. Called them again and was told, take it or leave it, no refund, no other options available. HUACA, got different agent who reinstated the original booking, said to leave it overnight to ticket. When it did not ticket overnight I called and was told that original flight MCT-CGK is now full and there is nothing they can do.

I asked for full refund, they said no, only taxes.

I asked to be rerouted via KUL or BKK, they said it is not WY policy to allow transfer via another country.

I asked to leave from another origin point, not possible

This time I did not give in and after 1 hour and 25 minutes got to the supervisor, who took over 45 minutes and rebooked onto CMN-MCT-KUL-SIN.

Absolutely awful customer service. I will never touch WY again even if cheap R class available as it is not worth the hassle when schedule changes.