Wiki Posts
Search

Help - Royal Jordanian check in at Cairo airport

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2019, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Help - Royal Jordanian check in at Cairo airport

We are flying RJ J class from CAI-AMM-DOH on RJ and DOH - BOS on QR QSuites. I was unable to check in for my QR flight online but successfully did for the RJ flights.

So we are here at Cairo airport early and we were hoping to have RJ assist us with our QR flight check in and spend some time in the lounge before our flight.

We have the paper boarding pass I printed out at the hotel. It says boarding pass right on it.

We went through initial bag security and are now on level 1 where the check in counters are. There is no open RJ counter - they told us it won't open until 5 pm (it's 2:30).

Thry wont let us up to level 2 where the lounge is (and food and water I presume) without a boarding pass even though I have my printed boarding pass.

no one speaks any English. It seems we are stuck sitting here for another 2 1/2 hours just waiting to check in, which I've already done online.

Can am anyone shed some light on this fpr
me? Wby are they not accepting my printed boarding pass?
Old Oct 15, 2019, 12:11 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Graciecatt
Thry wont let us up to level 2 where the lounge is (and food and water I presume) without a boarding pass even though I have my printed boarding pass.

no one speaks any English. It seems we are stuck sitting here for another 2 1/2 hours just waiting to check in, which I've already done online.

Can am anyone shed some light on this fpr
me? Wby are they not accepting my printed boarding pass?
Errr....this is Cairo. This is how it is here, everything needs to be "official" and your hotel printed boarding pass is NOT official, therefore you will not be accepted. If your counter is not yet open, you will not be let through even into the secured area at times.

Cheers!
nancypants likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Errr....this is Cairo. This is how it is here, everything needs to be "official" and your hotel printed boarding pass is NOT official, therefore you will not be accepted. If your counter is not yet open, you will not be let through even into the secured area at times.

Cheers!
This is THE ONE thing I did not find out about in pre-trip research that I wish I had known. We figured we had lounge access so going to the airport early would be fine (like in other airports!). We ended up sitting in a plastic chair on the ground floor for 2.5 hours until our check-in desk opened. We couldn't get to the lounge fast enough!
Old Oct 16, 2019, 9:17 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

This is THE ONE thing I did not find out about in pre-trip research that I wish I had known. We figured we had lounge access so going to the airport early would be fine (like in other airports!). We ended up sitting in a plastic chair on the ground floor for 2.5 hours until our check-in desk opened. We couldn't get to the lounge fast enough!
Truthfully even with lounge access, I will not even want to arrive early as lounges at CAI in general are rubbish...these days if I fly from CAI, I try my best to arrive as late as possible before the cut-off time.

Cheers!
Old Oct 16, 2019, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Truthfully even with lounge access, I will not even want to arrive early as lounges at CAI in general are rubbish...these days if I fly from CAI, I try my best to arrive as late as possible before the cut-off time.

Cheers!
We were in the Priority Pass Ahlein Premium Lounge. It was super nice with excellent hot and cold food choices, excellent alcoholic and non drink choices, great air conditioning and super fast wifi. It's one of the nicer lounges I've been in.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 6:33 pm
Suspended

Dear G-d...why did you show up at the airport so many hours before departure - and CAI airport of all places which has such poor lounge options? Pity, you could have walked over to the very nice Le Meridien or a quick taxi to the Heliopolis Towers Hotel (Waldorf Astoria) and had a very pleasant time!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.