Saudia interline baggage separate ticket

Old Oct 9, 19, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Saudia interline baggage separate ticket

Hi. I have a flight from KUL to IST on business class via JED with transit time of 11 hours and 15 minutes.

My final destination will be CPH or alternatively ARN. I am thinking of booking my flight from IST-CPH with KLM or alternatively with Tarom (ARN). Other options include a direct flight with Turkish Airlines.

1. I wonder if Saudia does interline baggage on separate ticket on Turkish Airlines, KLM or Tarom? It would make my life easier rather than having to recheck-in in IST. I tried before with Saudia to check through my luggage to a separate Malaysia Airlines ticket when i travelled from IST-JED-KUL and KUL-PEN(separate tic on MH) but was refused with the reason that they cant access MH domestic route.

2. On the other hand, since i have 11 hours connection time in JED, i am thinking of leaving the airport and try to do umrah. I have now the e- visa approved. Is it feasible with such connection? My flight is due to land in JED around 2300 and departing at 1000 the next day.

Thanks
Old Oct 9, 19, 8:37 am

Programs: Gold: Flying blue / Silver: Club Accor
Originally Posted by a.bakar View Post

1. I wonder if Saudia does interline baggage on separate ticket on Turkish Airlines, KLM or Tarom?
it will probably depends on the desk at departur airport , and also on official saudia policies

Originally Posted by a.bakar View Post
i am thinking of leaving the airport and try to do umrah. I have now the e- visa approved.
about umrah i dont know but dont mess with visas in KSA
Old Oct 9, 19, 8:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Chances would be lower with TK because they're in a different alliance.
Old Oct 9, 19, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
You should always assume that the answer is no. Interlining luggage is really only intended for those who have bought all travel on both airlines on a single ticket.

It is all but certain that Saudia will refuse to check your bags through to any other carrier, regardless of whether you choose a Skyteam airline or not.

It never hurts to ask, but you should expect that your bag will not be checked all the way through for you.
Old Yesterday, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

A little update. I bought TK in the end. Saudia ground check-in staff in KUL checked through my baggage to TK flight without problem and no questions at all.
I did also managed to complete the umrah during the transit time. Had no problem using the evisa for umrah purposes.

Search this Thread