FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-middle-eastern-african-airlines-471/)
-   -   Quetsions about upcoming ET ORD-ADD-JRO Cloud 9 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-middle-eastern-african-airlines/1988988-quetsions-about-upcoming-et-ord-add-jro-cloud-9-a.html)

FullTimeFlyer Sep 26, 2019 4:39 pm

Quetsions about upcoming ET ORD-ADD-JRO Cloud 9

Hi all! I have an ET flight in Cloud 9 Business from ORD to ADD to JRO Saturday on a UA award ticket and I have a few questions – hope someone can help.

EDIT : I do see there is a resource thread I missed earlier about the connections(Q5 and 6), but I am hopeful for r help with some of the other questions.

1. It looks like I can do online checkin. If I can and do, do I still need to go to the check-in desk?

2. Either way, does anyone know how long before the flight the check-in desks open?

3. It’s an early flight, at 9:30. What kind of meal do they serve in business for a flight that leaves so early?

4. Do they have a lounge arrangement for business flyers? (Which I guess would mean going to the check-in desk?) I tried to look and saw reference to Air France but also that they weren’t open that time of day – but that post was older

5. The ET site says T2 is for international, and then it consecutive sentences it says T1 is for domestic or for domestic and regional. JRO is probably regional, but it’s a widebody. Anyone know where the JRO flight leaves from?

6. It looks like they have a simple transfer connection, like in big EU transfer airports. Is that right?

7. Lastly, if we have to change terminals, is that a walk, or a bus, or what?

Thanks so much to anyone who can shed any light on any of this, or anything else I should know! ^ We’re excited about our trip.

EDIT : I do see there is a resource thread I missed earlier about the connections, but I am hopeful for r help with some of the other questions.

FTF

FullTimeFlyer Sep 26, 2019 5:57 pm

Sorry, tried to edit the typo in the title but could not.

dvs7310 Sep 27, 2019 3:36 am

Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer (Post 31567698)
Hi all! I have an ET flight in Cloud 9 Business from ORD to ADD to JRO Saturday on a UA award ticket and I have a few questions – hope someone can help.

EDIT : I do see there is a resource thread I missed earlier about the connections(Q5 and 6), but I am hopeful for r help with some of the other questions.

1. It looks like I can do online checkin. If I can and do, do I still need to go to the check-in desk?

2. Either way, does anyone know how long before the flight the check-in desks open?

3. It’s an early flight, at 9:30. What kind of meal do they serve in business for a flight that leaves so early?

4. Do they have a lounge arrangement for business flyers? (Which I guess would mean going to the check-in desk?) I tried to look and saw reference to Air France but also that they weren’t open that time of day – but that post was older

5. The ET site says T2 is for international, and then it consecutive sentences it says T1 is for domestic or for domestic and regional. JRO is probably regional, but it’s a widebody. Anyone know where the JRO flight leaves from?

6. It looks like they have a simple transfer connection, like in big EU transfer airports. Is that right?

7. Lastly, if we have to change terminals, is that a walk, or a bus, or what?

Thanks so much to anyone who can shed any light on any of this, or anything else I should know! ^ We’re excited about our trip.

EDIT : I do see there is a resource thread I missed earlier about the connections, but I am hopeful for r help with some of the other questions.

FTF

Usually you can do online check in without much issue. I don't know though if the lounge they are using in ORD requires an invite or not, so you might want to stop by anyway. There isn't an airside transfer to T5 at ORD anyway, so you'll have to walk past it regardless.

At ADD you'll be in T2, both arriving and departing. When they say regional flights from T1, in recent years it was for JIB and maybe a couple other minor destinations, but was primarily the domestic terminal.

Transfers are simple, like any other international hub airport for the most part.

If your transfer is over 8 hours you'll get a free hotel voucher, should be Hilton for business class passengers. They have a separate lounge for business class than general *G passengers, it's back behind the row of duty free shops, and outside of security. There is a special line for security right in front of the *G lounge when you're ready to go to your gate. Don't go to the gate too early as they are not really an enjoyable place to pass time. It is nice though to get there just before boarding starts since business class passengers will be take on a separate bus than the rest of the plane. (assuming you're at a bus gate, which many flights are).

They have excellent food in C departing Addis if you've never tried Ethiopian food.

Enjoy your trip!

B747-437B Sep 27, 2019 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by dvs7310 (Post 31569019)
If your transfer is over 8 hours you'll get a free hotel voucher, should be Hilton for business class passengers.

Business Class is sent to the new Skylight Hotel nowadays instead of the Hilton or Radisson downtown. Much much nicer.

FullTimeFlyer Sep 27, 2019 4:22 pm

Many thanks, DVS7310 and B747-437B!

We're just in ADD for 3 hours - early AM US arrival to 10:30 dept - so we won't need the hotels and the like, but we appreciate it. Also thanks DVS for the ADD info.

We had a chaotic AM as AA cancelled our flight to ORD and we needed to rearrange, so I didn't get to try online check-in before leaving for the airport and will check-in desks the old-fashioned way,

FTF