FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-middle-eastern-african-airlines-471/)
-   -   Best FF programme to book award domestic tickets on Ethiopian airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-middle-eastern-african-airlines/1985277-best-ff-programme-book-award-domestic-tickets-ethiopian-airlines.html)

Jensv Aug 30, 2019 7:18 pm

Best FF programme to book award domestic tickets on Ethiopian airlines

Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is the place to get answers for this. If not, let me know where to repost.

I'm trying to book domestic flights within Ethiopia from the UK via one of the frequent flyer programmes (star alliance). I'm just not sure which one is the best, in terms of points, to book Ethiopian.
With United Airlines FF domestic flights within Ethiopia are 8000 points (one way). Was just wondering if there was a better FF programme other than UA.

Thanks.

LondonElite Sep 1, 2019 1:19 am

What *A memberships do you have?

Mwenenzi Sep 1, 2019 1:24 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 31478499)
What *A memberships do you have?

And what is the cash price?

A guide, but does not have all ffp's:- www.awardhacker.com
And consider award surcharges, if any.

Jensv Sep 1, 2019 7:10 am

united airlines and miles and more. I have no points in those but waiting to transfer into either from Marriott points.

Jensv Sep 1, 2019 7:11 am

cash price was £0.80.

I havent found any other FF programmes that take 8000 miles. All the rest seem to take 15000 miles for domestic flights in ethiopia.

dvs7310 Sep 5, 2019 12:23 am

Usually cash price for domestic flights in Ethiopia is pretty high if you don't have the discount from combining it with an ET international ticket.

UA is going to be one of the better programs, since they have the 8k awards for short flights. I don't think there are any distance based *A programs anymore which is the only way you'd see that amount reduced. NH used to be, but they went to a region based award chart quite a while ago.

Goaguy Sep 6, 2019 5:51 am

Originally Posted by dvs7310 (Post 31492167)
Usually cash price for domestic flights in Ethiopia is pretty high if you don't have the discount from combining it with an ET international ticket.

UA is going to be one of the better programs, since they have the 8k awards for short flights. I don't think there are any distance based *A programs anymore which is the only way you'd see that amount reduced. NH used to be, but they went to a region based award chart quite a while ago.

As mentioned here, you can get up to half price if you can show ET that you have an international booking on ET. Same goes if you are resident (which I assume you are not).
Definitely the cheapest way, though I know it didn't answer your question.

sds1493 Sep 8, 2019 3:59 am

Originally Posted by dvs7310 (Post 31492167)

For some reason the UA 8k award wasn't showing up for me on ET. Short haul awards are where I really appreciate Avios (obvs not helpful for ET).