Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KQ interlining on separate tickets

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2019, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

KQ interlining on separate tickets

Does anyone have experience getting KQ to interline when connecting on their own flights on separate tickets? In particular am planning on flying ZNZ-NBO, then NBO-FCO. Trying to decide how long a connection I’ll need at NBO if tix are separate. Will they check bags through on checkin at ZNZ?
Thanks!
Old Aug 19, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Interline agreements are between airlines with some airlines and not others and you did not bother to say what the other airline is. The trend though, has been for more airlines not to check through on separate tickets, in some cases even on the same airline. Usually in the latter case some price deal making two tickets better than one so the airlines fight back by doing this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 7:38 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
Interline agreements are between airlines with some airlines and not others and you did not bother to say what the other airline is. The trend though, has been for more airlines not to check through on separate tickets, in some cases even on the same airline. Usually in the latter case some price deal making two tickets better than one so the airlines fight back by doing this.
OP clearly states both flights are on KQ

Originally Posted by Surgee
Does anyone have experience getting KQ to interline when connecting on their own flights on separate tickets? In particular am planning on flying ZNZ-NBO, then NBO-FCO. Trying to decide how long a connection I’ll need at NBO if tix are separate. Will they check bags through on checkin at ZNZ?
Thanks!
I've had KQ interline tickets on separate airlines and I've never heard of them refusing to through check on their own flights. However, as with most airlines, depends on the mood/competency of the check in agent. If the agent does not through check then you could head to the transfer desk after departing and hope your bags make the transfer (never tried at NBO). If you fly KQ metal and not PW then you will arrive and depart from Terminal 1A so going through immigration and rechecking if you absolutely have to might not be the worst unless your flight from ZNZ is delayed and you miss the bag drop cut off. Assuming you take the evening flight into NBO gives you just over 2 hours but this is when quite a few intl departures are happening in the check in hall.
Surgee likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
AA won't do it on separate tickets on their own paired flights. I think currently fewer will than won't. They have no desire to allow passengers to find cheaper flights between A and C by buying separate tickets A-B and B-C if they did not already price that option to death to kill off that opportunity. At least AA will protect passengers on misconnects despite refusing luggage straight through.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kq747
OP clearly states both flights are on KQ

I've had KQ interline tickets on separate airlines and I've never heard of them refusing to through check on their own flights. However, as with most airlines, depends on the mood/competency of the check in agent. If the agent does not through check then you could head to the transfer desk after departing and hope your bags make the transfer (never tried at NBO). If you fly KQ metal and not PW then you will arrive and depart from Terminal 1A so going through immigration and rechecking if you absolutely have to might not be the worst unless your flight from ZNZ is delayed and you miss the bag drop cut off. Assuming you take the evening flight into NBO gives you just over 2 hours but this is when quite a few intl departures are happening in the check in hall.
Thank you! Very helpful. Yes, both are on KQ metal. Second flight is in J so if they don’t check through hopefully won’t have to deal with Y pax lines at least. We have 2:20 scheduled on the ground and have already applied for transit visas ($21 hedge) to speed things in case there is an issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.