EgyptAir lounges in HKG for J pax

Old Jul 6, 19, 12:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Asia Miles
EgyptAir lounges in HKG for J pax

I'm a bit confused which lounges are available for MS pax in HKG (specifically on a departing reward ticket J class). Egypt Air's website basically listed all the lounges the star alliance members uses, including the contract lounges (which I'm doubtful).

I assume TG UA and SQ's own operated lounge shouldn't be an issue. But those contracted lounges, such as Plaza Premium and Hong Kong Airline Club Autus, would those actually admit a MS pax?

Also, I don't have status with star alliance.

Thanks!
Old Jul 6, 19, 5:57 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), AA OWE (EXP), IHG Plat
What is the departure time? You can visit SQ/TG/UA Lounges based on your class of service. UA now stamps your B/Pass, so if you like to visit multiple lounges, plan to go to UA as the last lounge. I believe *A lounge finder lists fairly correct opening hours.
nnanlno likes this.
Old Jul 6, 19, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TPJ View Post
What is the departure time? You can visit SQ/TG/UA Lounges based on your class of service. UA now stamps your B/Pass, so if you like to visit multiple lounges, plan to go to UA as the last lounge. I believe *A lounge finder lists fairly correct opening hours.
The one and only MS flight 961 that will depart at 22:00 at a future date.

That's very good to know. Could I not have used an electronic boarding pass to skip the stamping?

Thanks for your help!
Old Jul 6, 19, 11:06 am

Programs: KL Platinum, LA Black, A3 Gold, BA Silver, IB Oro
I think even stamping does not stop you from lounge hopping. At least never happened to me. you can go to SQ, TG and UA definitely. IMHO UA is the best, SQ feels like cave but I do believe they have got champagne on bar.
nnanlno likes this.
Old Jul 6, 19, 11:44 am
Original Poster

I take it that it's not in-and-out access?
Old Jul 8, 19, 10:22 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by nnanlno View Post
I'm a bit confused which lounges are available for MS pax in HKG (specifically on a departing reward ticket J class). Egypt Air's website basically listed all the lounges the star alliance members uses, including the contract lounges (which I'm doubtful).

I assume TG UA and SQ's own operated lounge shouldn't be an issue. But those contracted lounges, such as Plaza Premium and Hong Kong Airline Club Autus, would those actually admit a MS pax?

Also, I don't have status with star alliance.

Thanks!
Yes, any Star Alliance airline operated lounge is open to you and possibly one more. I kind of remember before that ET and MS gave lounge passes to J customers for the Hong Kong Airlines lounges. It surprised me at the time because Star has enough airline operated lounges in HKG but there you go! It may have changed to the cheaper Plaza Premium lounges but you will find out when you check in. Each of the Star lounges have their strong points and a few week points, you will find many threads on FT discussing them.
nnanlno likes this.

Search this Thread