Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GF cancelled a segment in my itinerary. Options?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2019, 2:00 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
GF cancelled a segment in my itinerary. Options?

Hi,

I am scheduled to fly KRT-BAH-LHR-YYZ on GF/GF/AC on a GF-issued ticket on October 12th. Unfortunately, today I received an email from GF stating the KRT-BAH leg has been cancelled.
Upon calling GF customer service, the agent informed me I could either get a full refund or fly on the 16th, since GF operates that flight only once a week now. Does this seem right?
I asked whether they could re-accommodate me on another carrier to BAH (as I need to travel on either the 11th or the 12th) and they said they do not have an agreement in place for schedule chance.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Old Jul 4, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Flying J or Y? o/w or r/t?
Old Jul 6, 2019, 1:53 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by oneworld82
Hi,

I am scheduled to fly KRT-BAH-LHR-YYZ on GF/GF/AC on a GF-issued ticket on October 12th. Unfortunately, today I received an email from GF stating the KRT-BAH leg has been cancelled.
Upon calling GF customer service, the agent informed me I could either get a full refund or fly on the 16th, since GF operates that flight only once a week now. Does this seem right?
I asked whether they could re-accommodate me on another carrier to BAH (as I need to travel on either the 11th or the 12th) and they said they do not have an agreement in place for schedule chance.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
I mean, I'd be delighted at only having to reposition to BAH and not KRT! Or do you live in East/ South Africa...? No harm asking if you can change origin to ADD I guess.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 3:18 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
So I finally decided to cancel this flight since GF rebooked me on a flight leaving on a Tuesday a few days afterwards that does not work with much schedule. However, I have been trying for nearly a month to have the flight cancelled and the money refunded through Travelocity - without success. Travelocity service must be the most incompetent out there. I called several times, and twice they told me they could not reach Gulf Air and twice that they had to send a waiver request to another department - from which we regularly failed to hear from.

The scheduled flight is now only a week away - what do you suggest I do? Should I file a claim with credit card?

thanks,
oneworld82
Old Nov 5, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
FWIW - I did get a refund from GF for my KRT-BAH-LHR-YYZ Business class flight due to schedule change. It was refunded via Expredia
Old Nov 5, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Was this a mistake fare? How come there's multiple FTers flying KRT-YYZ?
hhdl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.