Oman Air Sinbad questions

Old Jun 15, 19, 5:59 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 80
Oman Air Sinbad questions

Curious if any of you can answer these. I recently got a match to Sinbad Silver and after emailing Oman Air am still unclear.

1) Are the Sinbad Silver/Gold check in counters in the premium business/first class check in area at the new Muscat airport?

2) Departing Muscat are Sinbad Silver members traveling economy able to use the fast track/business class lanes that are part of the Oman Air premium check in area?

3) Are there any seat selection advantages (e.g. exit row in economy) available for Sinbad Silver (or higher)?

Thanks in advance!
Fly_IAD is offline  
Old Jun 15, 19, 4:26 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Hong Kong
Programs: WY SL, EK Gold, CX MPO
Posts: 169
1) Yes, you can use the premium check in at MCT. I think previously Silver had a seperate counter at MCT at economy, but this has since changed to the premium checkin facility.

2) Yes, you check in at the premium checkin facility which leads to the dedicated immigration and security lanes.

3) Not sure, I don't believe so but could be wrong
HKprince is offline  
Old Jun 16, 19, 6:03 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 80
Originally Posted by HKprince View Post
1) Yes, you can use the premium check in at MCT. I think previously Silver had a seperate counter at MCT at economy, but this has since changed to the premium checkin facility.

2) Yes, you check in at the premium checkin facility which leads to the dedicated immigration and security lanes.

3) Not sure, I don't believe so but could be wrong

Thank you very much! I finally got what sounded like a confident reply from the Sinbad service center that was just as you confirmed as well. Is their good signage for the premium check-in when pulling up to the terminal using a car service for departures? I suspect that arriving T-75 or so and using the premium checkin with only carry on bags is plenty of time but appreciate any feedback you might have!
Fly_IAD is offline  
Old Jun 16, 19, 12:25 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Posts: 4,982
There is certainly signage but to be honest I wouldn’t worry too much about you / your driver positioning yourselves in the right lane at the terminal.

The thing is this : there is no actual vetting procedure as to whether or not those entering the premium lane (which is slightly closer to the terminal entrance) are actually entitled to do so. This means that some vehicles using it should very likely not be there - whether by genuine accident or design ! A queue can build whilst copious amounts of luggage are unloaded (and overly-long farewell conversations take place......). If you see in advance that the ‘normal’ lane is reasonably clear, you might as well just use it, because all that is then required is to just walk across the adjacent premium lane and access the terminal (you would ‘lose’, at worst, no more than around one minute).

Once inside the airport, I would say that the ‘premium check-in area’ and related privileges are seemingly respected.

Have a good trip, safe travels
subject2load is offline  
Old Jun 16, 19, 4:03 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Hong Kong
Programs: WY SL, EK Gold, CX MPO
Posts: 169
The premium check in is at the very first entrance into the terminal and has clear signage. There are porters waiting to take your luggage at the kerb and will put them directly onto the checkin counter belt for you. The premium check-in is really great as I've never had to wait and the immigration/security is super quick, around 10 minutes from checkin to lounge.

As mentioned you can just enter from the regular entrance and once inside the terminal there is a seperate glass door to enter the premium check in. The outer terminal entrance for premium checkin doesn't matter as you can just walk across from any entrance.
HKprince is offline  
Old Jun 18, 19, 3:17 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 80
Originally Posted by subject2load View Post
There is certainly signage but to be honest I wouldn’t worry too much about you / your driver positioning yourselves in the right lane at the terminal.

The thing is this : there is no actual vetting procedure as to whether or not those entering the premium lane (which is slightly closer to the terminal entrance) are actually entitled to do so. This means that some vehicles using it should very likely not be there - whether by genuine accident or design ! A queue can build whilst copious amounts of luggage are unloaded (and overly-long farewell conversations take place......). If you see in advance that the ‘normal’ lane is reasonably clear, you might as well just use it, because all that is then required is to just walk across the adjacent premium lane and access the terminal (you would ‘lose’, at worst, no more than around one minute).

Once inside the airport, I would say that the ‘premium check-in area’ and related privileges are seemingly respected.

Have a good trip, safe travels
This is great information- thank you. Relatedly, has the initial quality of the Oman Air business Lounge sustained? I used the new terminal lounge once right after opening. I see some comment in a blog post that mention a terrace and Shisha available and an upstairs that’s open now, is any of that even accurate? Other posts seem to indicate that no such thing exists notably a Shisha Lounge within the Lounge and that the upstairs in blocked off?
Fly_IAD is offline  
Old Jun 18, 19, 9:48 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: CGK, MXP
Programs: EY Guest Gold, QR Burgundy, EK Blue, LH M&M, SQ Krisflyer
Posts: 215
I was two days ago at the lounge and the upstair was still cordoned/closed. I cannot say anything about terrace shisha area as I did not check carefully around.
I definitely confirm with previous posters about premium check in, is almost impossible to miss it, just ask to be dropped at first gate after car entering the terminal and it is just there.
BobFF68 is offline  
Old Jun 18, 19, 2:19 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Posts: 4,982
Originally Posted by Fly_IAD View Post


....................Relatedly, has the initial quality of the Oman Air business Lounge sustained? I used the new terminal lounge once right after opening..............




I would say yes ......

The WY lounge at MCT is a quality facility, with courteous staff and a wide range of quality food & drink on offer. There are undoubtedly periods during which it can get busy (revolving around typical transit / connecting flight departure times) ; but I guess that’s the case with the dedicated lounge of almost every airline at its home hub.

The upstairs section remains closed off and something of a mystery.

For more detail, you might find this comprehensive review of interest, published just recently on the headforpoints site
https://www.headforpoints.com/2019/0...lounge-muscat/




subject2load is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread