Any advice re travel on MEA - Middle East Airlines

Old May 23, 19, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Gold, QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Any advice re travel on MEA - Middle East Airlines

I have the option of flying with them - transiting in Beirut, business class

Information on them here is scarce - which of course tells its own story - but I would appreciate any insights FTers may have.

I have experienced their business class lounge in Beirut once and if thatís indicative for the whole airline, then it bodes well !
Old May 25, 19, 10:31 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Aeroplan, Club Carlson Silver, Marriott Silver
ME is fine in J, though I have only done short-haul CAI-BEY and AMM-BEY flights with them. I cannot say too much about the food, since I declined the meals on both flights given the length. Crew seems reasonably good, and ME does staff their flights well to cover the 20-odds J seats on a 320. The Cedar Lounge in BEY is fine, though there are not many food options (even more modest than RJ's lounge in AMM). It is the only airline lounge that has its own archaeological museum!
Braniff likes this.
Old May 25, 19, 5:55 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA
Originally Posted by JTXC View Post
ME is fine in J, though I have only done short-haul CAI-BEY and AMM-BEY flights with them. I cannot say too much about the food, since I declined the meals on both flights given the length. Crew seems reasonably good, and ME does staff their flights well to cover the 20-odds J seats on a 320. The Cedar Lounge in BEY is fine, though there are not many food options (even more modest than RJ's lounge in AMM). It is the only airline lounge that has its own archaeological museum!
Well, QR Al Safwa too!

OP, what is your route (and is it operated by a 330 or 320 on that day)?

My many experiences with the airline range from good to excellent. Ground is a bit hit and miss though.
Old May 26, 19, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Gold, QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Originally Posted by BA6501 View Post
Well, QR Al Safwa too!

OP, what is your route (and is it operated by a 330 or 320 on that day)?

My many experiences with the airline range from good to excellent. Ground is a bit hit and miss though.
Thanks, CDG-BEY-KWI. CDG is 330.
Old May 26, 19, 12:12 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA
Certainly not a bad journey. CDG-BEY is long enough to enjoy the service, and catering normally very good on that route. Assuming you're on the 210/402 combination, you'll have plenty of time to transit in BEY, even if you get held up in some queue for whatever reason.

The service on BEY-KWI is likely above expectations for a flight of that length.

Bottom line, I certainly wouldn't hesitate and it's a nice routing. Don't forget to report back!
Braniff likes this.
Old Jun 21, 19, 7:11 pm

Programs: Skyteam
I fly MEA regularly. Excellent airline; great service. To anyone considering: go for it.
Braniff likes this.

Search this Thread