Experienced members on Oman Air flight cancellation

Old May 10, 19, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Experienced members on Oman Air flight cancellation

Hi friends.

I booked a flight from omanair.com official site 2 days ago and when I booked I selected "economy classic" fare which means it is free to change/edit and cost USD $20 per passenger to cancel.

Now my plans changed and i want to cancel the ticket, I called them but they said I need to email them at [email protected] or fill up the form on their website. i filled up the form on their website and received auto confirmation message which says they will contact me shortly.

My question is how long do they take to respond?
Also is the economy classic fare fully refundable i.e they charge $20 and then I will receive full money back or what is the case?

thanks
Old May 11, 19, 12:30 am

Programs: EY Guest Gold, QR Burgundy, EK Blue, LH M&M, SQ Krisflyer
Not sure about Oman Air but generally can take some weeks up to one month or more to get back your money. Usually, if you paid by credit card, you will get back the total ticket cost minus the cancellation fee directly to your credit card account.
Old May 11, 19, 12:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BobFF68 View Post
Not sure about Oman Air but generally can take some weeks up to one month or more to get back your money. Usually, if you paid by credit card, you will get back the total ticket cost minus the cancellation fee directly to your credit card account.
Hi thanks for the reply, I understand it takes 3-8 weeks to get moneyback as I have experience with cheapoair and flighhub etc but since I booked with oman air directly, they are saying they will contact me shortly. usually what happens with other agencies is they respond quickly and provide estimated date and stuffs like that but with omanair, I tried calling the company and middle east guy talks on the phone in some different accent and says to contact via email. They don't have any proper communication method. I thought it would be a follow up, but nothing.

For instance I filled the refund form on their website online and received automatic message via email and that's it. is this the end or is a follow up i.e employee contacting me to talk about refund happens? or is it all automatic? I am not getting this.

Last edited by alinathomspon; May 11, 19 at 1:01 am Reason: adding words
Old May 11, 19, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
The usual rule is that although carriers will grab your money instantly they will take ages to refund it. Generally they'll give a time-line of four weeks or so, but often manage to improve on that.

My memory is of having to pay the cancellation fee up front, but later receiving a full refund of the initial amount paid, direct to my credit card. But that was Turkish, which is not a model for the industry....

The delay can mean that the refund is credited to a cc billing period subsequent to the one te payment was debited to: which is unfortunate
Old May 11, 19, 9:52 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ P
Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
My memory is of having to pay the cancellation fee up front, but later receiving a full refund of the initial amount paid, direct to my credit card. But that was Turkish, which is not a model for the industry....
You memory is betraying you ...
Never had this practice with TK for years.
Old May 12, 19, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
Originally Posted by flyerby View Post

You memory is betraying you ...
Never had this practice with TK for years.
It's perfectly possible.

Maybe I'm confusing it with the system they employ for the cancellation of tickets. Here they most certainly require a separate payment for the cancellation before refunding the miles and cash paid.

Sadly, the last time the miles took somenmonths wrangling:finally got it done with the help of the local office: but that's another story....

Search this Thread