Rwandair CAN BOM KGL

Old Jul 14, 2019, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Just a quick update while sitting on plane in EBB.

Flight from Guangzhou is packed, even in Business class to Mumbai, which I guess is a good sign to keep this route around. The boarding and departure was delayed due to unknown reason.

As plane departs during mid-night there was no mentioned of meal service but instead everyone get a sticker of "Feed Me / DND"

Many of the business class passenger deplane in BOM (from 80% Load Factor down to 50%) and PY is pretty much empty.

On enroute to KGL the plane has to stop at EBB as KGL rejects incoming flight. Passenger origionally onboard for KGL-EBB was invited to deplane.

Nevertheless it's a comfortable ride and I have no problem sleeping despite the interruption at BOM. I will do this again next year if I am going to Kigali again.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 9:21 am

Just bought CAN-JNB t/r via BOM, KGL, and LUN for 1284 USD in 2020. Same A330-200 aircraft all the way. Twice double segments make the flight affordable, Will have a B2B in JNB to go back to KGL which is my destination. 75 Minutes in JNB likely suffices inc. baggage transfer (same aircraft back to KGL but in monkey!)?
Old Jul 17, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
Originally Posted by ChrisLi
Just a quick update while sitting on plane in EBB.

Flight from Guangzhou is packed, even in Business class to Mumbai, which I guess is a good sign to keep this route around. The boarding and departure was delayed due to unknown reason.

As plane departs during mid-night there was no mentioned of meal service but instead everyone get a sticker of "Feed Me / DND"

Many of the business class passenger deplane in BOM (from 80% Load Factor down to 50%) and PY is pretty much empty.

On enroute to KGL the plane has to stop at EBB as KGL rejects incoming flight. Passenger origionally onboard for KGL-EBB was invited to deplane.

Nevertheless it's a comfortable ride and I have no problem sleeping despite the interruption at BOM. I will do this again next year if I am going to Kigali again.
Glad to read your review, thanks ChrisLi - looks like you got a good value for your money.
Did you get off in BOM or stay on the plane?
Yes, very true, due to humidity Kigali often experiences fog or "low" clouds (despite its high elevation) which disrupt trafic frequently. In January our flight from BRU circled over 1h above Lake Victoria. Due to the connecting flight to EBB, I was praying ...hum hoping to be diverted there - but unlike you, we landed late and had to quickly catch the flight KGL-NBO-EBB instead of the nonstop KGL-EBB.

If you find good fares for your next trip please share with us.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 1:18 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
Originally Posted by Pedersens
Just bought CAN-JNB t/r via BOM, KGL, and LUN for 1284 USD in 2020. Same A330-200 aircraft all the way. Twice double segments make the flight affordable, Will have a B2B in JNB to go back to KGL which is my destination. 75 Minutes in JNB likely suffices inc. baggage transfer (same aircraft back to KGL but in monkey!)?
To me it seems very short, especially if the plane is late and/or lands after EK/QR in the afternoon.
More opinion would be more helpful to you though!
Old Jul 19, 2019, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Originally Posted by flying_blue_white_red
Glad to read your review, thanks ChrisLi - looks like you got a good value for your money.
Did you get off in BOM or stay on the plane?
Yes, very true, due to humidity Kigali often experiences fog or "low" clouds (despite its high elevation) which disrupt trafic frequently. In January our flight from BRU circled over 1h above Lake Victoria. Due to the connecting flight to EBB, I was praying ...hum hoping to be diverted there - but unlike you, we landed late and had to quickly catch the flight KGL-NBO-EBB instead of the nonstop KGL-EBB.

If you find good fares for your next trip please share with us.
We stay on plane in BOM, that standard "is that your bag" check by ground staff. Similar to others I found 2K USD for CAN-BOM-KGL and around 1.5K USD for CAN-BOM-KUL-JNB

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.