Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines
Reload this Page >

Egyptair HKG-BKK-CAI - Transfer process in BKK questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2019, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite

I am flying MS from HKG-BKK-CAI and was wondering if:

- passengers need to alight for the additional security screening while waiting for the BKK passengers

​​​​​​- the route will be flown by MS's new 789? Expertflyer hasn't updated the seat map yet, and I recalled reading that the 789 would take over for the usual 333 during the summer months

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:39 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
This is a technical stop. You won’t get out of the a/c.
TTC192Rocket likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
Does MS sell tickets for the BKK-HKG-BKK sector, or is it just to let on the BKK-CAI passengers?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 11:26 pm

Programs: asia miles
Originally Posted by TTC192Rocket
Does MS sell tickets for the BKK-HKG-BKK sector, or is it just to let on the BKK-CAI passengers?
they have 5th freedom. but last time I checked, the fare was something like 2500 HKD return. Not sure who would pay that much if you can fly EK for less than 1500.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 12:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by blandy62
they have 5th freedom. but last time I checked, the fare was something like 2500 HKD return. Not sure who would pay that much if you can fly EK for less than 1500.
I suspect that once they find out their ongoing load factors for each point of departure they'll get more competitive on HKG-BKK & BKK-HKG. They certainly don't want to start selling out the plane on cheap HKG-BKK-HKG fares only to end up flying BKK-CAI half empty because people in HKG couldn't get a ticket to CAI.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.