Sindbad Gold - Oman Air - Upgrade Vouchers

Old Mar 19, 19, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black
Sindbad Gold - Oman Air - Upgrade Vouchers

I am slowly approaching Gold status on Oman Air and understand I will be entitled to 2 vouchers from Economy to Business, has anyone ever used them? what is the mechanism? there is nothing on the Oman Air website and I could not find another thread on this.
Old Mar 27, 19, 1:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black
+Bump
Old Mar 27, 19, 1:33 am

Programs: EY Guest Gold, QR Burgundy, EK Blue, LH M&M, SQ Krisflyer
From the FAQ section of WY website:

How can I use my complimentary upgrade voucher?
Login to your account, click on the 'Upgrade reward' tab under 'Spend your miles' option to view the details of the vouchers awarded to you. Select the voucher you wish to use, update the ticket details of the beneficiary and submit your request.If the seat is available, the Upgrade will be confirmed within 3 working days and you will be notified by Sindbad Service Centre team. Additional taxes applicable, if any, will have to be paid at the time of reissue of the ticket.Your ticket with confirmed booking in Business Class will be emailed to you on completion of above process to the email registered in your account
Old Mar 30, 19, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Thank you for this! appreciate it! I know with Qatar Airways you do not get luggage allowance (nor lounge but that is not an issue for Oman Air as Gold card and Business class passengers get the same lounge), do you get the luggage allowance of business class if you upgrade if anyone knows?
Old Mar 30, 19, 11:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
@ AbuCordoba - personally Id be extremely surprised if you didnt.

But no matter really, because one of the benefits offered to Sindbad Gold members is described as follows (and is presumably sufficient for most travellers ....?) :
  • Extra baggage allowance for Economy Class: 1 bag up to 30kg plus 1 additional bag up to 20kg
Old Jun 7, 19, 1:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA2MM, WY Gold, QF Gold
Here's a silly question. Are all sectors on a booking upgraded, and what if one or more are unavailable. Seems a bit like a lottery without rules.

Why would you buy an economy class ticket without knowing if it could be upgraded?
Old Jun 8, 19, 3:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
@ Grace B - Im really not sure that your description of lottery without rules is fair or valid.

You would know if there was business capacity available on the sector of interest to you, by means of a simple search on the site. But if you were particularly concerned you could call WY reservations, tell them what you are proposing to do - ie. make a booking in Y and then use an upgrade cert to get yourself moved into J - and if there were any issues you would obviously be advised at the time.

Worth noting that each certificate is only good for a single sector : so a one way journey from, say, LHR-KUL would use up two certificates .... one for LHR-MCT, and the second for MCT-KUL.
Old Jun 9, 19, 1:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA2MM, WY Gold, QF Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load View Post
@ Grace B - Im really not sure that your description of lottery without rules is fair or valid.

You would know if there was business capacity available on the sector of interest to you, by means of a simple search on the site. But if you were particularly concerned you could call WY reservations, tell them what you are proposing to do - ie. make a booking in Y and then use an upgrade cert to get yourself moved into J - and if there were any issues you would obviously be advised at the time.

Worth noting that each certificate is only good for a single sector : so a one way journey from, say, LHR-KUL would use up two certificates .... one for LHR-MCT, and the second for MCT-KUL.
Thanks for that, very helpful.
Old Jun 20, 19, 10:26 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Does anyone know if the gold upgrade vouchers use standard award availability, please? Thanks!
Old Jul 9, 19, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by purple1addict View Post
Does anyone know if the gold upgrade vouchers use standard award availability, please? Thanks!
From my experience no, I emailed Oman Air to use vouchers and they replied with -

Thank you for contacting Sindbad Service Center.

We have reviewed your request and would like to inform you that business class redemption seats are not available for the requested flight. So we will not be able to process your upgrade request.

In future, please make sure you send us the upgrade request atleast one week before the flight departure date so that you stand with a chance for upgrade.

Search this Thread