Search

RwandAir Dream Miles questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
Question RwandAir Dream Miles questions

Hi all,

Their FF program is quite obscure so far. Does anyone have more experience with it?
(Level thresholds are Silver: 25,000 miles, Gold: 50,000, Diamond: 100,000)
https://www.rwandair.com/dream-miles...vels-Benefits/

1) Silver status was earned in September and is apparently valid until the 31/12/19. If Silver/Gold level is renewed/reached before - let's say mid June, will the counter reset a few days after or only at the end of the year?

2) As of today, holding 10750 miles status, why only 33,250 miles (14250+19000) are required to secure the Gold level instead of the 35250 ((50000-25000)+10750)?
Am I missing something (but certainly not complaining... )?

3) 10,000 miles will expire at the end of this month - and a further 1,750 in June (despite recent flights). On the website, it stipulates that one can extend the validity, but how? As a few years ago, after receiving a notice by mail of miles (thank god only 500) going to expire, customer service was contacted - they acknowledged the request but at the end of the day/week/month they did absolutely nothing whatsoever!! I did not bother too much considering the amount lost. But this time, it represents two o/w tickets (or one o/w in J) to East Africa or 5th freedom sectors in Southern/West Africa.

4) Why a Dar Es Salaam - Kigali or reverse trip costs 20,000 miles (in J or for 2Y o/w) instead of the 10,000 although the country being part of the East Africa (Community//region)?

5) Not judging but just wondering, is it normal at KGL - its hub for J pax to be called to board last and subsequently to embark after everybody when using a (very nice and dedicated though) paxbus?

Many thanks for your help

=> Including 25% Silver bonus

Last edited by flying_blue_white_red; Mar 3, 2019 at 2:27 pm
Old Mar 9, 2019, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
Received this email today (a week only after the question):

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting RwandAir,
We acknowledge receipt of your email and we shall get back within 24 hours.
Sincerely,

RwandAir Ltd. Head Office
Kigali International Airport
Mobile: +250788177000
Fingers crossed, on Monday they will reply positively...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.