ET Special Business Class Discount

Old Mar 2, 19, 4:07 am
Original Poster

ET Special Business Class Discount

Has anyone seen this offer on the Ethiopian Airlines site? Assuming you book using their app and are travelling from one of those destinations, it seems you could get a 35% discount. However, I've tried, and get the following error message:

Promotional code is not valid
Unable to validate promotional code. Promotion not applied
Is anyone else able to get the discount to work? There is no link to the terms and conditions attached to the offer.

Special C-9 discount

25% discount on business class tickets.

From: Bahrain, Bamako, Blantyre, Bujumbura, Chengdu, Comoros, Cotonou, Dakar, Dammam, Dar es Salam, Delhi, Djibouti, Doha, Enugu, Gaborone, Goma, Harare, Hargeisa, Jeddah, Juba, Kampala, Kano, Khartoum, Kigali, Kilimanjaro, Kisangani, Kuala Lumpur, Lilongwe, Lusaka, Maputo, Mombasa, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Ndjamena, Ndola, Niamey, Victoria falls, Windhoek, Riyadh, Zanzibar.

5% and 10% further discounts will be applied for bookings on Website and Mobile APP respectively.

Valid for sales till 31 March, 2019.

No travel restriction.

Terms and conditions apply.
Old Mar 2, 19, 9:27 am

Programs: Aeroplan, ShebaMiles
I've also tried and run into the same error - I reported it to them via email and social media. They responded and said they would forward the details to their IT team. I'll let you know if there's any further response
Old Mar 5, 19, 2:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by b_magee View Post
I've also tried and run into the same error - I reported it to them via email and social media. They responded and said they would forward the details to their IT team. I'll let you know if there's any further response
You're lucky to have received a response. I'm still waiting for a reply to a query about this from last Thursday!

I tried getting the discount again this morning and noticed that the error message has now disappeared. However the business class fares quoted show no discount compared to the usual fares.

I must say, it's very disappointing that ET seemingly can't sort this out. Why advertise a discount that can't be provided?
Old Mar 5, 19, 3:17 am

Their text has been updated ever so slightly:

Special C-9 discount

25% discount on business class tickets.

From: Bahrain, Bamako, Blantyre, Bujumbura, Chengdu, Comoros, Cotonou, Dakar, Dammam, Dar es Salam, Delhi, Djibouti, Doha, Enugu, Gaborone, Goma, Harare, Hargeisa, Jeddah, Juba, Kampala, Kano, Khartoum, Kigali, Kilimanjaro, Kisangani, Kuala Lumpur, Lilongwe, Lusaka, Maputo, Mombasa, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Ndjamena, Ndola, Niamey, Victoria falls, Windhoek, Riyadh, Zanzibar.

To: Selected Ethiopian airlines destinations.

5% and 10% further discounts will be applied for bookings on Website and Mobile APP respectively.

Valid for sales till 31 March, 2019.

Terms and conditions apply.
No clue what the "selected destinations" are....

I actually have to run into the local ET office this week, so will also ask there... it's an outstation, but they might be able to look up what the booking code is, and what the restrictions are (I give this a less than 50/50 shot of happening)
Old Mar 5, 19, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Their text has been updated ever so slightly:

No clue what the "selected destinations" are....

I actually have to run into the local ET office this week, so will also ask there... it's an outstation, but they might be able to look up what the booking code is, and what the restrictions are (I give this a less than 50/50 shot of happening)
Well-spotted regarding the text change...

It'll be interesting to hear what the local ET office have to say about it, if anything, thanks.

Meanwhile, it seems like the offer isn't as good as it originally looked. Poor show ET, also for the rubbish comms.
Old Mar 5, 19, 7:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan Elite for life; Fairmont Platinum; Delta Platinum Plus
The App does have cheaper prices than the website generally.
Old Mar 6, 19, 5:16 am

Local ET office didn't seem to know anything about it.

Also - the discount no longer appears to be advertised on the home screen.
Old Mar 6, 19, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Local ET office didn't seem to know anything about it.

Also - the discount no longer appears to be advertised on the home screen.
Thanks for checking!

Noted they've quietly removed the offer from their home page. What a shambles!

Search this Thread