Ignored by RJ, anyone else?

Old Feb 20, 19, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Iberia plus
Ignored by RJ, anyone else?

After experiencing several issues on my route CDG/AMM/BKK/AMM/CDG (almost on every single leg!) with Royal Jordanian, I was offered "feedback card" onboard. After some time I contacted the airline via mail (through their webpage) and over a month after returning I have had no response at all. My "avios" haven't been credited either. Totally ignored so far. Is it only me or company policy? Discrimination or profiling? Just wondering...
Old Feb 21, 19, 2:22 am

Programs: RJ Emerald
RJ can't help you with the Avios, you'd need to contact BA/IB for that.

Out of interest, what kind of issues did you face? Did you make any requests in the letter (refund, compensation e.t.c), or was it just feedback?
mitomad likes this.
Old Mar 11, 19, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Yes, I contacted IB, they are much quicker to respond. According to them they claimed the info to RJ on Feb. 25th for the last time and still no news. I had issues with my seat on one flight (did not recline or come back from flat bed, crew did not really care much, had to wait a long time for them to manually recline it ONCE and get it back to the upright position AFTER BREAKFAST just for landing), no entertainment on other flight, got skipped when serving meals, denied me lounge access (only to be permitted after lounge personnel called the check-in desk... etc). I didnīt claim compensation (do not care) but gave them the feedback.
Old Mar 11, 19, 9:58 pm
R2

It does sound like a pretty bad experience. You've given them feedback, they don't seem to care about it. As you're not seeking compensation then why not just move on and not fly them again. I had a similar experience with RAM (AT) a few years back and have been actively avoiding them ever since.
mitomad and nancypants like this.
Old Mar 15, 19, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

I agree 100%, I would not do this to myself again. I had wondered if it was a common experience, some profiling, or if I was missing anything, that was all.
Old Mar 15, 19, 1:15 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold
Royal Jordanian customer service is quite poor, and your experience is not unusual. There are many reported difficulties getting avios credited after RJ flights (either into BA or IB)
Old Mar 17, 19, 4:18 am

Programs: Eurobonus Lifetime Gold, Airfrance Platinum, Royal Jordanian Gold
In my experience, the only efficient way dealing with RJ even as Sparrow Gold is through calling them. They generally do not respond to e-mails and the website and app are very unstable. Yesterday the award booking module on the website didnt work and today itís the retro claim section thatís not responding (none of my 3 recent flights on RJ metal have been credited).

Btw, I can print an upgrade voucher from the website valid until Dec19 but unclear how it works/which flights its valid for - anyone who have tried it?

UPDATE: While the website didnt return a response, 15 mins later I recieved a confirmation e-mail and the miles posted

Last edited by Hafnia; Mar 17, 19 at 4:33 am
Old Mar 17, 19, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by Hafnia View Post
In my experience, the only efficient way dealing with RJ even as Sparrow Gold is through calling them. They generally do not respond to e-mails and the website and app are very unstable. Yesterday the award booking module on the website didnt work and today it’s the retro claim section that’s not responding (none of my 3 recent flights on RJ metal have been credited).

Btw, I can print an upgrade voucher from the website valid until Dec19 but unclear how it works/which flights its valid for - anyone who have tried it?

UPDATE: While the website didnt return a response, 15 mins later I recieved a confirmation e-mail and the miles posted
This is true. RJ will generally just send you a "thank you for your comments" response. They will usually pass on your comments to the relevant department and the staff who upset you will normally be questioned, but you will not find out about it.

When it comes to any questions relating to Royal Club, it's actually better to send an email to [email protected] . The staff who answer those email have been working in the FFP department for ages and are quite competent. They will normally reply on the same or the next day.

In regards to the upgrade vouchers, do you mean the ones you get with the Gold/Platinum status? You need to email them at [email protected] and tell them you want to upgrade a sector... better to do it well in advance.
Old Mar 17, 19, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi View Post
In regards to the upgrade vouchers, do you mean the ones you get with the Gold/Platinum status? You need to email them at [email protected] and tell them you want to upgrade a sector... better to do it well in advance.
Many thanks for your insights! Yes, this is the upgrade voucher Iím talking about. Does this mean itís possible to buy a cheap eco ticket to a RJ long haul destination and then request a confimed upgrade against the voucher?
Old Mar 17, 19, 3:55 pm

Many thanks for your insights! Yes, this is the upgrade voucher Iím talking about. Does this mean itís possible to buy a cheap eco ticket to a RJ long haul destination and then request a confimed upgrade against the voucher?
Old Mar 24, 19, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by Hafnia View Post

Sorry for the late reply. I am not aware of any restrictions in regards to the destinations, or booking classes that the upgrade voucher can be used on. For 100% certainty, it's better to drop an email to [email protected] (and then let us know if possible )

PS: Good to see another RJ elite on Flyertalk, I think there are only like 5-6 of us here.
Old Mar 25, 19, 2:11 pm

Thank you, very interesting.

Iím only RJ elite because I managed to get a status match last year but I doesnít look like I will keep it. I fly regularly between AMM and BEY and have chosen to focus on MEA since I can relative easily maintain my gold status with flying blue + the J deals on SV out of AMM are also very helpful in this regard. In general Iím not too impressed with RJ elite recognition except from the nice dedicated check-in in Amman. Iíve received several upgrades from MEA from BEY to Europe but I have never ever received one from RJ.
Old Apr 1, 19, 7:15 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ P
I talked with my local RJ office about free upgrade vouchers. They said:
1. No restriction on which class upgrading from (I would double check class “R”).
2. Blackout period July & August.
3. Can reserve an upgrade 1 month to 2 week prior to the flight.

Last edited by flyerby; Apr 1, 19 at 8:04 am
Old Apr 1, 19, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by flyerby View Post
I talked with my local RJ office about free upgrade vouchers. They said:
1. No restriction on which class upgrading from (I would double check class ďRĒ).
2. Blackout period July & August.
3. Can reserve an upgrade 1 month to 2 week prior to the flight.
Which office is it if you don't mind me asking? RJ main FFP office (@7th Circle in Amman) can be much more flexible.
Old Apr 1, 19, 10:42 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ P
Which office is it if you don't mind me asking? RJ main FFP office (@7th Circle in Amman) can be much more flexible.
TLV.
In what way are they more flexible, taking into account that the July/August blackout period was set by RJ only a few days ago?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: