New Jeddah Airport...

Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flyng Blue, AAdvantage, Eurobonus, Miles and more
New Jeddah Airport...

Hello dear team,

My friend (vietnameese) and I (french) we would like to book Saudia business class flights :
18 september : Rome to Jakarta (FCO-JED-CGK), with a long layover in JED 7h05 SV202+SV818
6 october : Jakarta to Rome (CGK-JED-FCO), with a long layover in JED 8h05

1- At that time, do we proceed to the new airport of Jeddah ?

2- If yes do you have review or pictures or video or review of this new airport and lounges ?

3- Is there possibilitie to have free short night hotel and free visa and free transfert ?
(i know the old airport and you cannot sleep or relax in the old business lounge
for 7 or 8 hours).

4- Do you know if SV provide chauffeur service in Rome Airport or in Jakarta Airport ?

Thank you for your answers.

Regards.

Christian.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 12:32 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
1 - unlikely
2 - ..
3 - no, you gonna be stuck in lounge
4 - they do not
Old Apr 12, 2019, 4:52 am

I've got a layover in Jeddah next week. My ticket says I arrive and depart South terminal but now when I do a dummy booking on the SV website, it comes up as arriving at T1, departing S.

Anyone got any experience or tips etc for this?
Old Apr 12, 2019, 5:25 am

SV domestic flights have moved to new terminal.

Saudia starts second phase of domestic operation from new Jeddah airport - Saudi Gazette
Old Apr 18, 2019, 2:37 pm

Update: there is an airside bus from T1 to South Terminal. It's much more pleasant and efficient than a N/S transfer. It drops you off at South Terminal domestic arrivals.

I don't know what the procedure is for the reverse direction (yet)
Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:09 am

The procedure to go from South Terminal to T1 is a bit less straightforward...

You need to go to the departures level and wait outside door "4" at the drop-off area. A small ~25 seater bus will eventually turn up and park just past door "4". It won't have any specific signage to suggest where it's going so you may have to ask around.

If anyone's interested, I can share some thoughts on the new terminal
Old Jun 15, 2019, 11:36 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Do they have any transit/tourist visa if one is traveling on SV from LAX through JED to HYD ..? I'm planning to do a trip in early July and there's a12Hr transit , would love to go out in the city and explore it..

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.