Oman Air A330-300 old/new business class

Old Feb 14, 19, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC MM
Oman Air A330-300 old/new business class

We are planning to fly with Oman Air from Muscat to Munich later this year and it looks like the configuration on this particular flight with their A330-300 is still 1 - 2 - 1, which is the 'old' business class, though obviously very comfortable and generous.
Does anyone know if these are also being refurbished or is there a good chance we'll actually still get this layout?
I am actually ok either way and as an aviation fan, just wondering as it would be nice to experience this old layout.
Old Feb 15, 19, 2:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Can’t provide a definitive answer but my understanding is that any aircraft with the old style seats / config will indeed be refurbished eventually (or replaced by 787’s ?)

Either way, I can say from personal experience that - whether old or new cabin - you will be getting a quality biz class product. Given a choice - and as a mostly solo flyer - I am happier with the old because of the greater privacy (and excellent storage space) offered by the window seats ; but the likelihood of finding yourself on a new is greater.

If you haven’t already seen it, there was a thread a while back on the same topic and the same question .... albeit with no conclusive response.
Oman Air - Confused about Business Class seat map
Old Feb 15, 19, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC MM
Originally Posted by subject2load View Post
Canít provide a definitive answer but my understanding is that any aircraft with the old style seats / config will indeed be refurbished eventually (or replaced by 787ís ?)

Either way, I can say from personal experience that - whether old or new cabin - you will be getting a quality biz class product. Given a choice - and as a mostly solo flyer - I am happier with the old because of the greater privacy (and excellent storage space) offered by the window seats ; but the likelihood of finding yourself on a new is greater.

If you havenít already seen it, there was a thread a while back on the same topic and the same question .... albeit with no conclusive response.
Oman Air - Confused about Business Class seat map
Thank you for your insights and I completely agree, either way it's going to be a quality business class product and either way, I wouldn't be disappointed.

I'll have a look at the link as I haven't seen it yet as well.

Thank you!
subject2load likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: