No miles from MS if OptionTown upgraded?

Old Feb 9, 19, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Lifetime Gold, Airfrance Platinum, Royal Jordanian Gold
No miles from MS if OptionTown upgraded?

Ref.: https://www.egyptair.com/en/fly/Pages/optiontown.aspx

For Frequent Flyer Passengers: In case of upgrade with Option Town; the miles will not be gained even on the original economy class.

It makes sense that you will not earn the 200 percent miles if upgraded to MS business class but does this mean that zero miles will be credited to your account either if upgraded from an eligble eco fare (e.g. K)? Anyone with experience using MS Option Town?
Old Feb 10, 19, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM
If true then they are likely booking you into an award booking class if upgraded, meaning no miles credited anywhere. This also happens to CM flights upgraded with a UA RPU, it books into CM's award class and I had to fight tooth and nail to get UA to credit it properly as the original booking class. If that's the case, you'd be unlikely to have the same luck with MS since you're using a 3rd party company to do the upgrade rather than an instrument of your FFP.
Old Feb 10, 19, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Lifetime Gold, Airfrance Platinum, Royal Jordanian Gold
Originally Posted by dvs7310 View Post
If true then they are likely booking you into an award booking class if upgraded, meaning no miles credited anywhere. This also happens to CM flights upgraded with a UA RPU, it books into CM's award class and I had to fight tooth and nail to get UA to credit it properly as the original booking class. If that's the case, you'd be unlikely to have the same luck with MS since you're using a 3rd party company to do the upgrade rather than an instrument of your FFP.
Thank you! I decided to book the “good deal” fare for an upcoming trip from AMM to JNB which is K class and only slightly more expensive than cheapest economy. According to where-to-credit, K earns 100% miles while the cheapest eco earns only 25%. Instead of hoping to upgrade, I paid for exit-row seats.

Search this Thread