Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines
Reload this Page >

Do thru pax on a KQ NBO-LVI-CPT one stop need visa for Zambia?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2019, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist

Looking at travel on a day where there is only a one stop flight. EF says only 40 minute ground time at LVI which suggests that thru pax just stay on the plane. But AF/FB says Visa may be required. Is this really true?

Old Feb 8, 2019, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
Looking at travel on a day where there is only a one stop flight. EF says only 40 minute ground time at LVI which suggests that thru pax just stay on the plane. But AF/FB says Visa may be required. Is this really true?
You stay on the plane and no visa is required under normal circumstances.

However, I know at least 2 instances in the last couple months where they have gone AOG in Livingstone and the whole pax load had to be disembarked and hotac-ed there, so it doesn't hurt to be admissable to Zambia.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by B747-437B
You stay on the plane and no visa is required under normal circumstances. However, I know at least 2 instances in the last couple months where they have gone AOG in Livingstone and the whole pax load had to be disembarked and hotac-ed there, so it doesn't hurt to be admissable to Zambia.
Thanks very much B747-437B. I appreciate the insight. ^
Old Feb 8, 2019, 11:22 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
You'll hate the KQ E190 J Class. Seats are small with no leg rest and little recline. Food on KQ J is horrible, and drinks okay. Crew are excellent.
B747-437B likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 12:21 pm

If you're booked on this route anytime soon, expect significant disruptions as KQ are now short 2 E190s.

Two Kenya Airways Embraer aircraft collided on the ground?. ? News In Flight
Old Feb 9, 2019, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

If you're booked on this route anytime soon, expect significant disruptions as KQ are now short 2 E190s.
Oops. What a mess. It's in October so plenty of time to tape that engine back together.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat

Looks like my CPT-LVI flight in a few weeks was upgauged to a 738. I was wondering why given the flight is half empty, but now it makes sense..
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Would KQ have insurance to pay for repairs in this case?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Would KQ have insurance to pay for repairs in this case?
Probably, but there will be deductibles involved for this kind of incident, and insurance won't cover loss of use in a situation like this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
Looks like my CPT-LVI flight in a few weeks was upgauged to a 738. I was wondering why given the flight is half empty, but now it makes sense..
I doubt the flight is (usually) half empty, haven't flown it in a while but the amount of OPUPs I got on it was over 50%, it's usually packed at least on one of the legs.
Also, KQ started from 3 weekly ~2 years ago and are now having 12 weekly flights NBO-CPT, I doubt they'd do it for half-empty flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.