Wiki Posts
Search

Omanair not responding for cancelling flight

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2018, 3:50 am
Original Poster

Omanair not responding for cancelling flight

Hi everyone,
I booked a flight with Oman Air, which i later on decided to cance. According to the fare rules i should be charged 100€ for that.
The concern is that i sent the cancellation through their web form, and got a confirmation email. But since that time, i.e. 9 days,
the airline hasn't got back to me, dispite my reminders. I am starting to worring a little bit, as i will be travelling for very long
within two weeks, therefore, i would like to have that issue solved before.

I contacted the call center of Oman Air, and they told me there were no way to cantact the cancellation department directely, but
to email them.

As the airline not replying to my emails, i would appreciate your suggestion to escalate the issue, in order to get that case solved.

Thanks in advance.

Nicolas
Old Dec 20, 2018, 7:40 pm

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
Originally Posted by mrnike
Hi everyone,
I booked a flight with Oman Air, which i later on decided to cance. According to the fare rules i should be charged 100€ for that.
The concern is that i sent the cancellation through their web form, and got a confirmation email. But since that time, i.e. 9 days,
the airline hasn't got back to me, dispite my reminders. I am starting to worring a little bit, as i will be travelling for very long

I contacted the call center of Oman Air, and they told me there were no way to cantact the cancellation department directely, but
to email them.

As the airline not replying to my emails, i would appreciate your suggestion to escalate the issue, in order to get that case solved.

Thanks in advance.

Nicolas
If you already got their confirmation email I would not worry that much, did you already check the status of your booking in "Manage my Booking" on their web site? It is still confirmed or whatever? if the booking not visible or not in confirmed status anymore it means that process is ongoing.
About the refund process it normally take some weeks, up to one month to get your money back to your credit card account, this is normal for almost any airline, happened the same to me with Thai some months ago. If you want to make sure further just contact Oman Air booking office in your country and ask them to confirm that your booking cancellation already in process.
lowmiles likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply Bob,

If you already got their confirmation email I would not worry that much, did you already check the status of your booking in "Manage my Booking" on their web site?
Actually the email i received is just an email saying that they received my cancellation request.
Unfortunately my booking is still active, under "manage my booking".

It looked like the communication didn't go through, or they just don't care. I've never seem such unserious airlines...

If you want to make sure further just contact Oman Air booking office in your country and ask them to confirm that your booking cancellation already in process.
I tried already, many days ago. They told me i had to sent another email to the cancellation department. No another way to get in touch with them.

Actually, what bothers me, is that i'm gonna be on the road soon for the next 6 months. Therefore, I would really like to have that case solved before. I'm afraid that if i don't follow up with that issue after the travelling dates, they will consider it as a no-show, and charge me heafty fees...

I would like to know what i could do in order to make some pressure on the airlines. What is the procedure and what are my right in civil aviation for such cases ?

Cheers

Nico
Old Dec 27, 2018, 9:24 am

I have been told (by Oman air) that the email address to use if you booked online is [email protected]

Alternatively, their ticket desk at MCT told me to email the complaints dept to cancel an online booking.

That may or may not be of help
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:10 am

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
Hi everyone,

to email them.

Thanks in advance.

Nicolas
How did you end up with this issue? Did you get your refund?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Hi everyone,
the airline hasn't got back to me, dispite my reminders. I am starting to worring ....
Nine day is nothing in the world of airline refunds. They generally say "up to thirty days", but it usually comes through in a little less than that. Lord knows why it should take them so long.

For reassurance you might want to check the rules for cancellation with the call centre and check the amount you will be receiving.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 5:26 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
For nine days, I would not worry - TG once told me 60 days for a refund! I think that might be some kind of a record..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.