Search

RJ Baggage Allowance (OWS BAEC Silver)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold (OneWorld Emerald) & Hilton Honors Diamond
RJ Baggage Allowance (OWS BAEC Silver)

Hello flyertalkers,

I've never flown with RJ (Royal Jordanian) before and I'm discussing going with a couple of friends from LHR to AMMAN.

The Economy Saver tickets are very good value, but do not include checked baggage.

I'm BAEC Silver (One World Sapphire), however my two friends have no status. The One World website says;

Extra baggage allowance for Emerald frequent flyers*

As an Emerald frequent flyer, you can check in one additional bag for free in addition to your ticketed baggage allowance when you fly on oneworld airlines.

If your ticket mentions a weight allowance, you can check in an extra 20 kgs.

*This benefit is not available on British Airways' 'Hand Baggage Only/Basic' fares.

Does anyone know if this benefit applies just to me, or if we all book together with me as the lead passenger, will we all enjoy the extra allowance?

Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold (OneWorld Emerald) & Hilton Honors Diamond
Just noticed I pasted the wrong section from the One World Website! Whoops!

Extra baggage allowance for Sapphire frequent flyers*

As a Sapphire frequent flyer, the following special baggage privileges will apply when you fly on oneworld airlines;
  • On international or domestic itineraries using the baggage allowance "weight" system - 15 kgs in addition to the ticketed Economy baggage allowance.
  • On international itineraries, that include domestic sectors, using the baggage allowance “piece” system – one additional bag*, weighing up to 23kgs, up to a maximum of two pieces.
  • On purely domestic itineraries, using the baggage allowance "piece" system, for tickets with no ticketed baggage entitlement - the assurance of one piece of checked baggage, weighing up to 23 kgs.
Customers travelling in First and Business Class cabins will, in most cases, receive an even greater free checked baggage allowance.

*This benefit is not available on British Airways’ 'Hand Baggage Only/Basic' fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.