Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KQ trip report KQ505

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:35 am
Original Poster

KQ trip report KQ505

A quick report on the West Africa hop flight. This alternates ACC-ROB-FNA-ACC and reverses several times a week ACC-FNA-ROB-ACC beginning and ending in NBO.

The flight will often depart early so one must be at the airport early. At ROB check-in closes when the inbound plane is in range. On my flight, doors closed 35 minutes before the scheduled departure time.

The lounge at ROB is pretty sad. This is also the lounge KLM uses (KLM is pulling out of ROB in March after about 1 1/2 years of service). At least the lounge has a/c. There is a small selection of beverages and a small selection of bad pastries, nuts, and plantain chips.

I bid on an upgrade at the minimum amount of $200 and was successful for two pax. The Premier World cabin was clean and fairly fresh. Typical recliner seats on the 737-800 used on this route. PDB served (still and sparkling wine, orange juice, water) with a small snack on the 1 1/2 hour flight to ACC. They ran out of one choice but got one from the back. Economy and first share the same snack entrees. First got a larger/prettier snack box with cole slaw added. During a 1 1/4 hour stop in ACC, we refueled, had cleaners come aboard, received our blankets and headphones for the next leg to NBO. Also, another round of PDB. the meal service was shortly after takeoff. I was in row 4 and the beef/steak option was out when they got to us. We were offered chicken, veg, or fish. I pointed there was a fish listed on the menu and the attendant didn’t understand my question. When we got our meals, they weren’t anything that was on the menu. Turns out, they passed out the wrong menu. We received the westbound menu on our eastbound flight.

After an effecient but not rushed meal service, lights were dimmed and most everyone slept. We were awakened by the announcement that we were beginning our descent to NBO. We didn’t have the typical time to stretch and pack our things away. It was time to raise the seat and land. While rushed, it was nice to have the extra rest and not be awakened an hour before landing.

All in all, good flight and decent product.

Last edited by AllOver; Dec 14, 2018 at 12:50 am
Old Dec 14, 2018, 2:49 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
Thanks for sharing this brief report AllOver.
Apart from few glitches, it looks like you had a pleasant flight, especially for $200 extra, well done!
How long is the flight from ROB to NBO?

Originally Posted by AllOver
PDB served (still and sparkling wine, orange juice, water) with a small snack on the 1 1/2 hour flight to ACC.

Crew did not suggest you KQ's new signature drink: the tamarind juice? (it tastes great to be fair)
Also, KQ normally serves onboard real champagne and certainly not sparkling wine .
Old Dec 15, 2018, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by flying_blue_white_red
How long is the flight from ROB to NBO?
9 hours including the Accra stop (2 hrs to Accra, 6 hrs from Accra to Nairobi).
Old Dec 17, 2018, 12:52 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
Originally Posted by B747-437B
9 hours including the Accra stop (2 hrs to Accra, 6 hrs from Accra to Nairobi).
Thanks, despite being a recliner the upgrade is definitely good value for money.
Hope it was one of the 738 with PTV and not with only overhead screen!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.