Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer at JED

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2019, 1:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Transfer at JED

I'm flying back CAI-JED-TIF on Saturday. I’m due to arrive into the south terminal then depart from I terminal which I’m guessing is the new terminal. Is there a transit route/service from the south to the new terminal?
Old Jan 6, 2020, 5:22 am

When you arrive at South Terminal, proceed up one level to the departure level and head to the drop off area. A bus stops a bit past the furthest door to your right as you exit. I don't think it's marked at all but it was an old, small (~25 seater) Japanese thing when I last did the transfer. There is usually someone who knows what's going on if you ask some of the guys hanging around looking like they're waiting for a bus.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 11:05 am

Programs: Flying Blue (plat), Eurobonus (gold), Accor (plat), Bonvoy (plat)
Originally Posted by ps107
When you arrive at South Terminal, proceed up one level to the departure level and head to the drop off area.
ps107, were you on an international to international transfer ? If so, does that mean you need a visa for such a connection ?
Old Jan 8, 2020, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Nico40
ps107, were you on an international to international transfer ? If so, does that mean you need a visa for such a connection ?
It was international to domestic but I can't see any obvious way to transfer international to international between terminals without a visa. It was about 10-15 minutes by public highway between terminals. I had heard vague rumours it was possible to airside transfer between north and south terminals but it sounded like hard work and far from routine.

Even recent domestic to international transfer within the new terminal wasn't as straightforward as I would have hoped.

I highly recommend trying to transit in Riyadh rather than Jeddah if that's an option.

Last edited by ps107; Jan 8, 2020 at 12:00 pm
Old Jan 14, 2020, 6:24 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Piggy-backing on this thread as it seems to be the most recent one regarding transfers/transit at JED.

Does anyone have recent experience on sleeping arrangements that can be made at the terminal airside ? I have not been there for a while so I was wondering if the SV/Skyteam lounge now offers a sleeping area (if it was refurbished at all). Considering CDG-JED-NBO so unfortunately RUH not an option for me.

Thank you!
Old Jan 14, 2020, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by offvoice
Piggy-backing on this thread as it seems to be the most recent one regarding transfers/transit at JED.

Does anyone have recent experience on sleeping arrangements that can be made at the terminal airside ? I have not been there for a while so I was wondering if the SV/Skyteam lounge now offers a sleeping area (if it was refurbished at all). Considering CDG-JED-NBO so unfortunately RUH not an option for me.

Thank you!
For now it looks like you will arrive at South Terminal, and depart from T1 so I don't think you can stay airside (if that's a concern).

As far as I can tell there isn't an international lounge in T1 yet. There definitely wasn't when I was there in October last year. So your options for sleeping are likely floor or uncomfortable, hard seats with fixed armrests.

I would also suggest "going" on the plane

Last edited by ps107; Jan 14, 2020 at 11:51 pm
Old Jan 15, 2020, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by offvoice

Thank you!
Can you do CDG-JED-NBO without a transit visa for Saudi Arabia because you are arriving at one terminal and departing from another one?
Old Jan 16, 2020, 1:37 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by Topolino
Can you do CDG-JED-NBO without a transit visa for Saudi Arabia because you are arriving at one terminal and departing from another one?
Most nationalities can for layovers of up to 12 hours. There is an airside bus connection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.