Search

Kenya Airways introduces seat selection options

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2018, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
Arrow Kenya Airways introduces seat selection options

Following what other major airlines do:
More details have yet to come about the pricing on different routes.
What is 100% sure is that from LHR to NBO, an emergency exit seat costs £75, as I was told by the CI agent 3 weeks ago during airport check in at LHR.
(However these seats remain free of charge for FB Platinum member).

https://hapakenya.com/2018/12/03/ken...nomy-at-a-fee/

EDIT:
After verifying one of the future bookings:
- CPT-NBO seat map not available for the moment while regional routes (plus NBO-CPT ) are displayed
- 2 types of option: Preferred seats or Extra legroom seats

Last edited by flying_blue_white_red; Dec 3, 2018 at 3:03 pm Reason: image attached
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah, ah. That might explain the disappearance of seat maps for a few weeks a little while ago. They were presumably updating the software to be ready for this. Thanks, for this flying_bwr.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NickB
Ah, ah. That might explain the disappearance of seat maps for a few weeks a little while ago. They were presumably updating the software to be ready for this. Thanks, for this flying_bwr.
Have you checked yours? are you allowed to select seat on all the sectors?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flying_blue_white_red
Have you checked yours? are you allowed to select seat on all the sectors?
mmm... Seat selection available from the KQ site for the E190 segment (ADD-NBO) but no seatmap for the B787 segment (NBO-LHR). It remains seemingly changeable via Air France's MMB, in the sense that the seat map is available and one can click on alternative seats.I have not tried to force a seat change, though, as I am happy with my current seat and would not want to jinx it.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

mmm... Seat selection available from the KQ site for the E190 segment (ADD-NBO) but no seatmap for the B787 segment (NBO-LHR). It remains seemingly changeable via Air France's MMB, in the sense that the seat map is available and one can click on alternative seats.I have not tried to force a seat change, though, as I am happy with my current seat and would not want to jinx it.
Yes true, looks like it might take some time to get fully implemented especially outside regional routes.
the good news is that now, unlike in the past these seats can not be randomly attributed to anyone. Only a manager at airport has to approuve transaction of the selection seat.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA
I had no trouble selecting seats today for my February JFK-NBO flights on the B787.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jczinn
I had no trouble selecting seats today for my February JFK-NBO flights on the B787.
Seat map still unavailable on the KQ website for my NBO-LHR flight, which is less than two weeks away.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Flying DXB-NBO-JFK and return on 21 December. Cannot display the seat map for any of my segments.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 9:29 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
If you know which seats you want, I would suggest calling their USA CS number. Done this before and it's quite straightforward. Just be aware of the newly paid seating options. If you dont know which seats you want then take a look at SeatGuru
Old Dec 12, 2018, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seat map still unavailable on the KQ website for my NBO-LHR flight, which is less than two weeks away.
OTOH, seat maps available in the KQ app. The problem seems to be specifically with the KQ website. Other channels (app, other airlines' websites, ...) seem to work OK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.