Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines
Reload this Page >

Royal Air Maroc - 80% Award flash sale? 8.5k JFK-CMN in J!?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2018, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Just Curious - Did anyone see or take advantage of this 80% off Award deal i saw from another blog? Wondering if anyone could confirm they scored a booking for 8.5k for a one way J from JFK to CMN for example.... Link: Frequent Flyer Bonuses: Royal Air Maroc Black Friday Redemption Special - 80% off award tickets from North America to Casablanca! For the miles in the account...without banking miles there - There are no credit card transfer partners that i know of...(I think LeAccor you can transfer)...and there are restrictions on buying miles outright...any DPs out there...this seemed like almost the 90% Garuda sale from years ago...
Goaguy likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Originally Posted by SLINKYTRAVEL
Just Curious - Did anyone see or take advantage of this 80% off Award deal i saw from another blog? Wondering if anyone could confirm they scored a booking for 8.5k for a one way J from JFK to CMN for example.... Link: Frequent Flyer Bonuses: Royal Air Maroc Black Friday Redemption Special - 80% off award tickets from North America to Casablanca! For the miles in the account...without banking miles there - There are no credit card transfer partners that i know of...(I think LeAccor you can transfer)...and there are restrictions on buying miles outright...any DPs out there...this seemed like almost the 90% Garuda sale from years ago...
Wow -- I was kicking myself for a moment, as I just booked JFK-CMN in J for 88k Etihad miles, and thought I missed out big time. But it appears (correct me if I'm mistaken) that this only applied to Safar Flyer accounts, and not partner awards through Etihad.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OhDoctor
Wow -- I was kicking myself for a moment, as I just booked JFK-CMN in J for 88k Etihad miles, and thought I missed out big time. But it appears (correct me if I'm mistaken) that this only applied to Safar Flyer accounts, and not partner awards through Etihad.
Yes. Sorry if I wasn’t completely clear. This deal was for the Safar program not Etihad, which has no significant transfer partners that I know of. Safar allows you to buy miles in 10k blocks at a time, as long as you have a minimum of 4K miles in your account...

Doesnt seem like anyone was able to take advantage of this crazy deal though...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.