MEA to order 4 A330-900 NEO's.

Old Nov 2, 2018, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Thumbs up MEA to order 4 A330-900 NEO's.

I think I read somewhere they will also have an option for 4 more. They were considering 789 and A339. The A339 makes sense considering MEA doesn't have any routes over 8 hours. The 789 may have been overkill. I'm sure all the benefits of fleet commonality came into play considering such a small fleet. Good luck to MEA one of the few carriers in the world to be making real profit.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: United, American
Very cool for MEA! Makes sense considering their current fleet of A330's

Any shot for a route to NA? Or are politics going to continue to put a hold on that
Old Nov 3, 2018, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
They are trying for Canada. It was all done and worked out but an 11th hour protest from the US some believe stopped the route-despite advertising by both carriers and tickets having been sold! politics is a powerful thing. Probably another reason which played a part in A339 over 789; why would they invest in Boeing when they are politically blocked from flying there.

JFK was an MEA destination in the glory days of Lebanon and MEA on the 747-200's. BEY-CDG-JFK. One can but hope. I think they'd do well with a Detroit and Montreal service.

Last edited by Cedar Jet; Nov 4, 2018 at 3:47 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.