Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help with NBO 6 hr intl transit KQ > MS

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2018, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Help with NBO 6 hr intl transit KQ > MS

I will arrive at 10:10pm on KQ from KGL and transit to CAI on MS at 04:20.
Should I go to the Four Points Sheraton for short rest or stay at the airport?
If so, which lounge would you suggest for MS?
TK?

Thanks for the advice.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 5:13 am

Programs: A3 Gold; FB Gold; Hertz Gold
A few thoughts:
  • The Sheraton is right by the airport, as you no-doubt know, so it would be very close to get to.
    • If you don't want to wait for the terminal shuttle, I'd recommend Ubering there, vs. using one of the airport cabs as I've had issues with the airport cabs refusing to take me on such a short, 2-minute, ride.
  • The Turkish Airlines lounge is the best *G / Business Class Star Alliance lounge in NBO, and it's pretty good overall.
    • It's open 24 hours a day.
    • There are no sleep rooms per se, but the chairs are pretty comfy. There is also a shower.
    • In my experience, the lounge is definitely not empty overnight, though, especially with a TK and ET flight departure right around when you'll be leaving. So it won't be totally silent.
  • Only you can decide whether such a short night in a hotel is worth the cost to you. The main factor is whether you mind waiting from 10:10pm until 1:20am, i.e. 3 hours before departure, to check in for your MS flight and be able to access the lounge, vs. a very short night of sleep, since you'd need to be leaving the Sheraton again by 3am.
    • Personally, I'd probably go to Sheraton when I got in, get a bite to eat / drink at the Tazama rooftop restaurant there which is open until midnight, and then head back to the airport to crash in the lounge / sleep in the plane. But YMMV, obviously.
Hope the above helps!

Last edited by W126Pilot; Oct 19, 2018 at 5:14 am Reason: Formatting
Old Oct 19, 2018, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Thank you. That is very helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.