Wiki Posts
Search

EgyptAir flight sold out - wait?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2018, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
EgyptAir flight sold out - wait?

I had booked 1 ticket on LXR-CAI flight on Nov 17. But I hesitated to book a 2nd ticket and it sold out!

Now I can switch my 1st ticket to the last flight in the day departing at 10p. Or I can wait for one seat to open on original flight.

Never expected flight to sell out so quickly! But the plane was only a 76-seater Emb170 to begin with.

Advise to wait or not?
Old Sep 15, 2018, 2:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Unfortunately since almost all of their domestic routes are the EMB-170, they do tend to sell out easily on popular days. If I were you I'd rebook yourself onto the later flight with your companion then keep an eye on the earlier desired flight to see if they open any seats more than 24 hours in advance. I know MS's official change policy is +24 hours, so not sure if you could still get it changed on the date of departure or not. If you have expertflyer you can set an alert to email you if anything opens up, otherwise just check it daily.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:33 am
Original Poster

That flight opened over weekend with multiple seats. Same plane. I suppose tour groups block a group of seats and then adjust. So if your flight availability suddenly disappears, i suggest waiting a couple days
Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:38 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The risk in waiting is that some tour operator somewhere in the world may want the seats on the 22:00 flight you are now eyeing and those may be sold as well. I would make a decision, book what you require and not wait.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 7:07 am

Yeah, I've had that tour operator bit work against me several times in the past. It's pretty annoying that they can pretty much book out an entire plane that had been nearly empty just hours before.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:47 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice! All booked in J - wonder if they serve a meal during the short LXR-CAI flight on the EMB170.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by eethan
Thanks for the advice! All booked in J - wonder if they serve a meal during the short LXR-CAI flight on the EMB170.
Yes they do. It's not much of one, a small cold sandwich and maybe some sort of salad, but it's something to nibble on if you're hungry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.