Wiki Posts
Search

shower in Ethiopian lounge at ADD?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2018, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold
shower in Ethiopian lounge at ADD?

I can't find any information about whether there are showers in the Ethiopian lounge at ADD. I have a 3 hour layover coming up after the 13 hour ET 511 ORD-ADD flight. It would be nice to take a shower before flying on to the final destination, JRO. We will be in business class and will have lounge access.

Does the Cloud Nine lounge have showers?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: Aegean Gold
It's been a while, but when I was there neither the business nor the gold lounge had a shower. Even toilets were few and horrible. Not sure about the platinum lounge (access only for Sheba Miles Platinum members).
Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:11 am

There is/was what they claimed to be a shower when the lounge first opened. It was vile. Don't even consider it.

As noted above, they barely manage to keep the toilets clean and adequately stocked. The only saving grace is that the lounge facilities are infinitely better than the ones in the public areas!
Goaguy and rava.stuff like this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by B747-437B
There is/was what they claimed to be a shower when the lounge first opened. It was vile. Don't even consider it.

As noted above, they barely manage to keep the toilets clean and adequately stocked. The only saving grace is that the lounge facilities are infinitely better than the ones in the public areas!
Sink/sponge bath it will be! Hopefully there is soap.
B747-437B and Goaguy like this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:43 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Forget about a shower in the lounge.
Just "stick it" until you complete your short ADD-JRO flight. Or, shower immediately before departure in ORD.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 1:40 pm

Programs: TK*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
No shower. Filthy restrooms even for the cloud 9 and gold lounges. The public ones before the gates are even worse.

Hopefully things will get better when the new wing is completed.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 3:49 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by ericw
No shower. Filthy restrooms even for the cloud 9 and gold lounges. The public ones before the gates are even worse.

Hopefully things will get better when the new wing is completed.
Not been through ADD in more than a year - how is the refurb/new terminal/wing whatever they're doing coming along? When I was there in late 2016 they were promising completion in 2017 - I'll be back through again in a fortnight and would be great to see things improved....
Old Sep 11, 2018, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
Not been through ADD in more than a year - how is the refurb/new terminal/wing whatever they're doing coming along? When I was there in late 2016 they were promising completion in 2017 - I'll be back through again in a fortnight and would be great to see things improved....
Slowly slowly. Not yet fit for passenger occupancy.
Stewie Mac likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 5:44 am

Programs: KLM Silver
I passed through ADD yesterday. Our departure gate was 3B, which seemed to be a new building, but in the only complete part of the building. Looks like it will be a while until anything like complete.
B747-437B likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.