FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-middle-eastern-african-airlines-471/)
-   -   Gulf Air Cheap Fares (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-middle-eastern-african-airlines/1927088-gulf-air-cheap-fares.html)

PxC Aug 24, 2018 11:56 am

Gulf Air Cheap Fares

Does anyone have any idea when the cheap Gulf Air fares from LHR will end?

I've been undecided about booking LHR to BKK (£1075), but if nothing from OW comes up soon it would be nice if I have a 'book before' date.

Thanks

exactlyaron Aug 24, 2018 1:44 pm

What dates are these available? I can only see £1688?

PxC Aug 24, 2018 2:05 pm

Try SkyScanner (Expedia is one of the OTA offering the price although they charge slightly more)

I was looking at various dates from the end of Oct

If you want a quick date to check out that works, 24/11 - 9/12

ElJudioErrante Aug 24, 2018 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by PxC (Post 30125459)

I've been undecided about booking LHR to BKK (£1075), but if nothing from OW comes up soon it would be nice if I have a 'book before' date.

Thanks

ElJudioErrante Aug 24, 2018 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by PxC (Post 30125459)

Thanks

...As soon as they deem necessary !
GF have larger plane so more capacity on LHR route now so they have to be keen on fares to fill seats, especially as not everyone's choice of carrier.

PxC Aug 31, 2018 2:11 pm

Anyone got any idea what's going on with trying to book two adults+ on Gulf?

Looking to book two separate trips to BKK from LHR, most dates coming back with £1075 offering morning or evening with short connections. As soon as I change it to two adults, the price either shoots to £1900 (each), or the connection increases to 10hours for the cheaper price (SkyScanner offers both options). This is the case on every date I have tried.

It's as if Gulf wants people to travel on their own? Most airlines encourage companion travel. Not really sure what to do right now, as two one way bookings with shady OTA's is a risk I don't really want to take in case one doesn't get through.

dvs7310 Sep 1, 2018 3:30 am

Originally Posted by PxC (Post 30153293)
Anyone got any idea what's going on with trying to book two adults+ on Gulf?

Looking to book two separate trips to BKK from LHR, most dates coming back with £1075 offering morning or evening with short connections. As soon as I change it to two adults, the price either shoots to £1900 (each), or the connection increases to 10hours for the cheaper price (SkyScanner offers both options). This is the case on every date I have tried.

It's as if Gulf wants people to travel on their own? Most airlines encourage companion travel. Not really sure what to do right now, as two one way bookings with shady OTA's is a risk I don't really want to take in case one doesn't get through.

Sounds like they are only offering 1 seat per flight at the promotional price.

PxC Sep 3, 2018 8:21 am

I thought that maybe the case, but wouldn't that be countered by the fact the outbound is completely unaffected, and the only change is the layover on the return always increases by approx 8 hours?

ElJudioErrante Sep 3, 2018 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by dvs7310 (Post 30154884)
Sounds like they are only offering 1 seat per flight at the promotional price.

It may sound a bit strange, but maybe they (subject to inventory) only release 1 cheap seat at a time.Maybe worth a gamble to grab the 1 cheap seat then hope for another to appear.