RJ Ticket Cancellation

Old Aug 21, 18, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Amb
RJ Ticket Cancellation

I need some advice from people flying RJ.

I bought a discounted business ticket last year, unfortunately the dates do not match my schedule anymore.
I had 3 schedule changes from the time of booking.
One major change was BKK-AMM-GVA arriving at 10h55 to BKK-AMM-ZRH-GVA (no more direct GVA flight from AMM this day) arriving 16h00 (and obviously a much longer trip).

When I checked the conditions of RJ.com for Involuntary Tickets Refunds, I only see that they refund the ticket if you have at least 24 hours of difference or if the destination is no more covered !

Somebody know If I can try to waive the cancellation fees or there is not chance with RJ ?
Old Aug 22, 18, 1:44 am

Programs: BAEC, Accor
If the delay had been to your outbound flight you would have been given better protection from EU261. Out of interest, who is operating the flight ZRH to GVA?
Old Aug 22, 18, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by plunet View Post
If the delay had been to your outbound flight you would have been given better protection from EU261. Out of interest, who is operating the flight ZRH to GVA?
Still RJ plane, with one stop in ZRH on the way.
Old Aug 22, 18, 11:55 am

Programs: BAEC, Accor
I just wonder now with an eu-eu sector at the end of the delayed sector, (EU in the context that Switzerland has opted into EU261 regulations) you could try to argue that if the delay to your arrival is 5 hours or more at your destination then you are entitled to a refund under EU261. To my mind it's a bit tenuous and it's only by virtue that you now have an EU-EU sector at the end, maybe others with more insight into EU261 can offer an opinion. Armchair lawyers, please form an orderly queue
Old Aug 23, 18, 9:06 am

Programs: Mucci, BA
The ZRH-GVA sector is a red herring, as the OP's ticket would state AMM-GVA and not AMM-GVA-ZRH.
Old Aug 23, 18, 9:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by BA6501 View Post
The ZRH-GVA sector is a red herring, as the OP's ticket would state AMM-GVA and not AMM-GVA-ZRH.
More to the point, while recent CJEU rulings to the effect that "connections" are mere happenstances, that cuts against the application of the Regulation as well. In probably 99% of cases, those two opinions will be helpful to the passenger. Just not here.

However this is ticketed, e.g. AMM-GVA-ZRH (connection) or AMM-GVA, won't matter.
Old Aug 29, 18, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA6501 View Post

The old ticket was AMM-GVA direct, the new ticket they want I confirm is labeled AMM-ZRH (Technical stop)-GVA

If you take the same day ZRH-AMM it will display ZRH-GVA (Technical stop)-AMM... a lot of technical stop

Search this Thread