Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RJ Shorthaul Business vs Economy?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2018, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

RJ Shorthaul Business vs Economy?

I'm looking to book RJ TLV-AMM and separately AMM-CAI for a middle eastern trip next year using BA avios. Economy is 4.5K and business is 9K, and surcharges/taxes are the same either way ($213 total, which is annoying but still worth booking avios tickets given the high cost of cash tickets).

Does anyone know of any super compelling reason that make business worth the extra 4.5K avios on either of these routes aside from the larger seat, perhaps faster security/checkin/lounge access/fasttrack immigration on arrival, etc that makes it especially worth it?

Last edited by skvanburen; Aug 18, 2018 at 8:29 pm
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
For ~$270 OW and ~$430 RT, you can buy a direct flight with AirSinai.
.+972-3-5102483‬
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerby
For ~$270 OW and ~$430 RT, you can buy a direct flight with AirSinai.
.+972-3-5102483‬
I appreciate the info but I don't want to fly straight from TLV-CAI, I would like to spend 3 or 4 days in Jordan in between and hence settled on RJ being the best option in both cases.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:57 am

1. 4.5K avios is nothing.
2. TLV-AMM is not very important: it's about 25 minutes in the air, the lounge in TLV is worthless and service on the flight (either class) is orange juice before take-off.
3. AMM-CAI is already 1:15 hours in the air. There's some service (sandwich in Y; not sure about J). Most importantly, these flights tend to be packed and a J seat is a major difference.
4. The lounge in AMM. It's not great, but it's a nice perk.
5. Depending on your date, the lines at TLV can take some time, and a J-based FastTrack may be useful. Not a game changers IME.
6. In AMM I couldn't see any benefit for J pax in terms of lines. There will be a security check on transfer, but it's a single line.

I think it's a great use of Avios. I would go with J.

Shuly
skvanburen likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.