Saudia business pricing

Old Aug 17, 18, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Saudia business pricing

Hello,
I booked last january IST to KUL for 770 roundtrip.
I watch prices very often on google and noticed a price drop from 1100 to 720. Until December 15 so i didnt book as im looking for January again.
The next few days prices gone up, gradually up to 990. Now they are declining to 880 so far. After 15 December prices were from 1160 to 900, now 1000+.
Should i take the deal or wait a bit more?
Last year although i booked november i noticed on december 24 that there were fares at 770 for travel starting a few days later, like 27 Dec., while prices on february were 1100+.
Should i wait for a later minute booking? The way Saudia pricing her business class is a bit unusual i think
Old Aug 17, 18, 6:37 am

You are looking at dates around Christmas , so even though Turkey , Saudi & Malaysia are Muslim countries , the seats will be occupied by some Christmas period tourists who will not usually change their holiday plans (as opposed to business travellers who are more likely to), so if you wait , then you risk increase in fares as availability will be less.
However if you're just looking for 1-seat then maybe worth waiting for a special offer to arrive and quickly grabbing the seat.
depends on how much a gambler you are ,also think about your plan B if that gamble in waiting for a lower fare in biz wouldn't work ! I would think that at Christmas period, the biz class fares at promotion price will fill their quota,especially the sector from saudi to KUL and vv .
Old Aug 17, 18, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Thanks for replying.
Last year, around 15 jan. I traveled to jeddah me and another one in business. From jeddah to kuala-lumpur there were less that 10 passengers
Old Aug 17, 18, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante View Post
You are looking at dates around Christmas , so even though Turkey , Saudi & Malaysia are Muslim countries , the seats will be occupied by some Christmas period tourists who will not usually change their holiday plans (as opposed to business travellers who are more likely to), so if you wait , then you risk increase in fares as availability will be less.
However if you're just looking for 1-seat then maybe worth waiting for a special offer to arrive and quickly grabbing the seat.
depends on how much a gambler you are ,also think about your plan B if that gamble in waiting for a lower fare in biz wouldn't work ! I would think that at Christmas period, the biz class fares at promotion price will fill their quota,especially the sector from saudi to KUL and vv .
So far plan B is flying to nearby Milan ang get Omar flight for 500 euros+upgrade from Milan to Muscat as its night flight. (other leg is daytime and so return)
Old Aug 17, 18, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by MixalisK. View Post
So far plan B is flying to nearby Milan ang get Omar flight for 500 euros+upgrade from Milan to Muscat as its night flight. (other leg is daytime and so return)
remember at Christmas period flights from europe to asia are in high demand especially biz cl seats at lowish fares (if those fares exist). If I.was only one person and could predict seat availability AND I had at least a.plan B,then I'd probably hold out for a special offer seat.It's worked for me in past
Old Aug 18, 18, 12:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante View Post
remember at Christmas period flights from europe to asia are in high demand especially biz cl seats at lowish fares (if those fares exist). If I.was only one person and could predict seat availability AND I had at least a.plan B,then I'd probably hold out for a special offer seat.It's worked for me in past
​​​​​​
Yes that is exactly what im doing know. Saudia though has an unpredictable and unstable policy changing prices hourly unlike other airlines which has more standard prices for days.
They also have the same strategy from Cairo: until 15 Dec, one price and after that a higher price.

Search this Thread